Volunteers needed at Pace Bend Park on 8/14-16

  • Pam Tobias
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hello again Centex Geocachers!  Not only am I a Certified Personal Trainer, but I am also the Volunteer Coordinator for Red Licorice Events, a race production company that puts on triathlons and other races.  Why am I telling you this?  Because we have a triathlon coming up and it's in a place that has geocaches galore!  Pace Bend Park, home of the Middle Earth series by Maria "The Jump" Jump.  If you've been looking for an excuse to get out to Pace Bend Park, here it is!

      The race is the Sweet & Twisted Triathlon at Pace Bend Park on Sunday August 16, 2009.  We need lots of help on race day, but we also have opportunities on the days surrounding the 16th for things such as packet stuffing, packet pickup, setup and tear down.  Come out Friday or Saturday morning for the geocaching and stay to help with the setup in the afternoon.  Or come to the race Sunday morning and stay for the geocaching in the afternoon.  I'm not gonna lie, it will be hot out there, but we know how to deal with hot!  There's more information on the signup page about what we need specifically and when.

      The Sweet & Twisted Triathlon is a sprint distance race for women, but we welcome all volunteers.  The women will be swimming 500 meters, biking 15 miles, and running 5K.

      This race benefits Girls On The Run, a life-changing, experiential learning program for girls age eight to thirteen years old.  The programs combine training for a 3.1 mile running event with self-esteem enhancing, uplifting workouts.  The goals of the programs are to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development.

      All volunteers receive a free t-shirt, food, parking, and "Pay it Forward" volunteer points.  Volunteers who register for 3 Red Licorice Events also have a chance to win an Orbea Mountain bike worth over $1500.00!

      SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER HERE - http://www.signmeup.com/confirmation/66252

      I hope you don't mind me sending this to our yahoo group.  Seems like a good opportunity to get outside, play, geocache, and volunteer!  Volunteering is good for the soul!

      Pam Tobias / pblt
      Red Licorice Events