Re: Geocaching Site Down

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <maxwell_q@...> wrote:

      > ... Looks like there
      > will be some frustrated cachers this holiday weekend.
      > Looks like another really good reason to maintain a GSAK database on your own computer!

      So only the cachers who don't know better will be frustrated! LOL Glad my PQs ran the last 2 nights. :-D I will have plenty of P&Gs to crutch to this weekend.

      Candy
      moosiegirl
    • jestrrrulz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
        And I was about ready to throw my iPhone out the window of my car earlier when it couldn't locate any caches. I mean, come on... this is Austin. There has to be a cache (or 500) close!

        Jeri/JestrRulz

        In a message dated 7/3/2009 11:25:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time, maxwell_q@... writes:

        Pass the word...I just found out why Geocaching.com is down... Looks like there
        will be some frustrated cachers this holiday weekend.

      • Mark
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
          Jeremy's blog post about it.

          http://locuslingua.blogspot.com/

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
            Thanks for the update, Mark....

            BarbJ/Tygress

            On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 20:41:37 -0000 "Mark" <maxwell_q@...>
            writes:
            > Jeremy's blog post about it.
            >
            > http://locuslingua.blogspot.com/
            >

            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, jestrrrulz@...
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > And I was about ready to throw my iPhone out the window of my car
            > earlier
            > > when it couldn't locate any caches. I mean, come on... this is
            > Austin. There
            > > has to be a cache (or 500) close!
            > >
            > > Jeri/JestrRulz
            > >
            > > In a message dated 7/3/2009 11:25:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
            >
            > > maxwell_q@... writes:
            > >

            > > Pass the word...I just found out why Geocaching.com is down...
            > Looks like
            > > there
            > > will be some frustrated cachers this holiday weekend.
            > >

            > > **************It's raining cats and dogs -- Come to PawNation, a
            > place
            > > where pets rule!
            > (http://www.pawnation.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000008)

            God have mercy on the man who doubts what he’s sure of. -- Bruce
            Springsteen; Brilliant Disguise
            Criminal Lawyers - Click here.
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOVoL0897yzPkZl6bGNrpvOisbhfB5DMF9zBvsHYMIwQWtXkFN4e0/
          • Mike Detlefsen
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
              Candy Lind wrote:
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <maxwell_q@...> wrote:
              >
              >> ... Looks like there
              >> will be some frustrated cachers this holiday weekend.
              >> Looks like another really good reason to maintain a GSAK database on your own computer!
              >>

              > So only the cachers who don't know better will be frustrated! LOL Glad my PQs ran the last 2 nights. :-D I will have plenty of P&Gs to crutch to this weekend.
              >
              > Candy
              > moosiegirl

              Yep. I keep all my PQs on my iPod Touch. I can keep on caching! :-)

              Mike
              jmd65
            • lizeebie
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009
                > Yep. I keep all my PQs on my iPod Touch. I can keep on caching! :-)
                >
                > Mike
                > jmd65

                I just ran across www.bcaching.com earlier this week, as well as Blackstar Navigation for using my Backberry to cache.

                I now have my PQ's sent automatically to BCaching.com and I can easily access ALL of the cache information from there, instead of GC.com. So, I'm not out in the cold (?) this weekend either!

                So far, I've not had the inclination to spend a lot of time with GSAK. I get rather intimidated by all those stats! BCaching.com seems to be a simple alternative to printouts from GSAK. You just use the browser on your web enabled phone, and as long as you have signal, you have all the cache info. Haven't used it much yet, so who knows what I'll think about it later on.

                Does anyone else have experience with BCaching.com?

                Laters...

                -Lizeebie/Liz
              • Mark
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 3, 2009