Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] need adhesive advice

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
      Hmmmmm.  Why do you ask?????  If you'll send us a photo of what you want to glue, we'll be able to tell you better!  (UH HUH!)

      :)

      Hopefully,

      On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM, thayeranne <rockslide@...> wrote:

      Anyone have a good go-to glue that is extra-bonding and durable for plastic to metal or plastic to stone?

      Thanks for any help

      Anne (Totavi)

    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2009
        I don't want you to spoil the fun for ME, Anne! (sorry Julie!)

        Gorilla Glue is AMAZING stuff ... you can get it at The Evil Empire (Wally World), most craft stores and all hardware stores with any brains. It comes in a yellow formula that is stronger than strong and says it can glue almost anything to almost anything else. I have also found a clear formula, but have yet to try it to see how it compares.

        Make sure you follow the directions. Dampening both surfaces and clamping somehow (I use duct tape a lot on small or irregular items)is VERY IMPORTANT.

        Happy Trails,
        Candy
        moosiegirl

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "thayeranne" <rockslide@...> wrote:

        > Anyone have a good go-to glue that is extra-bonding and durable for plastic to metal or plastic to stone?
        >
        > Thanks for any help
        >
        > Anne (Totavi)

      • Rich and Di Michelson
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2009

          Their tag line is "because people need to glue things to other things."

          --Di
          dirich92