Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Caching with kids in Austin

  • Rich and Di Michelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2009
      We've gone to the Amazing Smile Machine a couple of times now because the kids love it so.  There's an awesome space age playground just to the south, with a few caches along the trail.  I wonder when Google maps will update its satellite data...it still looks like an airport.

      --Di
      dirich92

      2009/7/2 Mrs. Captain Picard <mrscaptainpicard@...>

      The Goodwater Trail between San Gabriel Park and Lake Georgetown is nice, too.  It is going to be VERY hot here, so be careful.  The whole family will get a smile at my Amazing, Incredibla Smile Machine, GC1TFCY. There is also a nice trail east of there with several fun sculptures (by BandA I think)

      Julie
      Mrs Captain Picard

      On Jul 2, 2009 3:02 PM, "Lee Dedear" <ldedear@...> wrote:

      Trailhead Park has several kid-friendly caches, and a playground too. One of the caches is a 4-stage multi, GC9318. The final might be a bit tough for an almost-2-year-old, but there are also easy horse- and pet-related caches along the trail. The Majestic Oak is a mile and a half in, then a mile and a half back out, but would appeal greatly to kids old enough to climb.

      --Lee
      "Suchmann"