Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Caching with kids in Austin

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2 1:26 PM

      The Goodwater Trail between San Gabriel Park and Lake Georgetown is nice, too.  It is going to be VERY hot here, so be careful.  The whole family will get a smile at my Amazing, Incredibla Smile Machine, GC1TFCY. There is also a nice trail east of there with several fun sculptures (by BandA I think)

      Julie
      Mrs Captain Picard

      On Jul 2, 2009 3:02 PM, "Lee Dedear" <ldedear@...> wrote:

      Trailhead Park has several kid-friendly caches, and a playground too. One of the caches is a 4-stage multi, GC9318. The final might be a bit tough for an almost-2-year-old, but there are also easy horse- and pet-related caches along the trail. The Majestic Oak is a mile and a half in, then a mile and a half back out, but would appeal greatly to kids old enough to climb.

      --Lee
      "Suchmann"

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2 4:25 PM

        There’s a LOT of Austin to cache out!  If you’re coming down south, I’m thinking that Dick Nichols might be a good place to start.  It’s a nice paved concrete path through the woods with about 5 caches right on it, along with a few more that aren’t right on the trail, but aren’t horrible terrain getting to (probably not strollers).  Use What ACCLanMan Loves About South Austin (GC10KHH) to find the park as it’s just about dead center of the trail.  Of course, I’m biased since my family has about half of the caches there!

        Nathaniel

        A.K.A. grn beret 2b