GSAK Custom Waypoint Icon Macro & Instructions

  • Joe Bushee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      So I saw the post about the macro to create icons for the different cache types, and thought this would be cool.

      I followed the instructions, and uploaded the custom icons, but have a problem. I can not export waypoints from GSAK to my GPSMAP 60CSx. I can add a waypoint to Topo! and upload it fine. Even exporting from GSAK to a TPO file and attempting to upload from Topo! fails.

      I've tried reinstalling GSAK and reset the GPS to defaults. Any ideas?!?!

      Joe (jbushee)
    • Doc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
        Two possible things.
        1. In GSAK, under the GPS menu, click on Setup and select GPSMAP 60CSx from the drop down list.
        2. You may need a Garmin driver for the 60CSx installed on your PC.  If so, you can get it here:

        Barry
        aka Doc Geo

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
          Nope. Not a driver issue, but thanks for the reply so fast...

          Turns out I'm just an idiot.

          After much sweat over nothing, it turned out that after I uploaded, the reason I couldn't see any waypoints is because the 60CSx looks "near current location" and these were vacation waypoints I was uploading, so weren't anywhere near.

          My old SporTrak showed me all my waypoints, regardless of how far away, so I expected to see waypoints in there!

          Another of those senior moments I guess...

          Joe (jbushee)
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
            Come help us say goodbye and good luck to a wonderful cacher and friend Maria Jump (Dr. The Jump) as she and her husband Ted leave for a new life in Pennsylvania. Come share stories, food and fun at the Rudy's Barbecue on 183 in North Austin. Hope to see you there!

            Wayne