Decon Cans

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
      Hi guys,

      We'll be in Austin Saturday for a class, and I wondered if there was a source of decon containers in the north end of town. The class is at DPS on North Lamar. Those containers are difficult to come by in the Houston area, or at least our part of it, and I'd like to grab a few while we're out this way.

      Thanks.

      Gary
      1/2 Team Troglodyte (lurkers on the list)
    • jestrrrulz@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 24, 2009
        There is an Army surplus store on North Lamar - about 3/4 mile north of 183. He has a ton of them for about 1.75 each I believe.

        Jeri/JestrRulz

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 25, 2009
          Perfect! Thanks.

          Gary from Team T.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, jestrrrulz@... wrote:

          > There is an Army surplus store on North Lamar - about 3/4 mile north of
          > 183. He has a ton of them for about 1.75 each I believe.
          >
          > Jeri/JestrRulz
          >

          > In a message dated 6/24/2009 4:05:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
          > gj289fia@... writes:
          >
          > We'll be in Austin Saturday for a class, and I wondered if there was a
          > source of decon containers in the north end of town. The class is at DPS on
          > North Lamar. Those containers are difficult to come by in the Houston area,
          > or at least our part of it, and I'd like to grab a few while we're out this
          > way.
          >
          > **************Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes for the
          > grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000006)

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
            I called them.  They sold them all!  I've checked around to some surplus stores on the web and they are all gone also!  I need 10 for a series I want to do. Anyone have 1 or some they will sell me?

            Barry
            aka Doc Geo

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009

              Hmm, I just did some checking on a couple of web sites: also sold out.  Quick, people, there is a world wide shortage of decon containers!!!

              Russ the waterweasel

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
                When i last purchased them, I got them from a Surplus store out of Idaho Falls, ID. I do not recall their name and I do not have them bookmarked on this computer. I might be making a trip to Idaho Falls next month for a family reunion. If I find their web site or address, I can try to stop by the store while I am up there.
              • Doc
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 29, 2009
                  That would be great!  I'm still working on the logistics of the series so no "real" hurry...

                  Barry
                  aka Doc Geo

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
                    I found the web site for the store in Idaho Falls. It is http://armysurpluswarehouse.com/

                    I do not see any Decon Containers. This is the closest I see to them. http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/product/medical-instrument-and-supply-case-no-8-4413.cfm They even say in the write up at the bottom "Works great for a little storage box for hiking, geocaching, camping, military vehicles."