Re: Cacher (family) Needs Maintenance

  • Ed Anderson
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
      Melanie,

      I am deeply sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

      Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
      > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
      > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
      > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
      > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
      > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
      >
      > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
      > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
      > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
      > Challenge as they did every year.
      >
      > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
      > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
      > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
      > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
      > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
      >
      > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
      > you.
      >
      > Julie
      > Mrs. Captain Picard

    • Joanne Comer
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
        Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  jo/amick

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
          OMG, Melanie, I'm so sorry....will email you off the group
          Jana
[...]

          Internal Virus Database is out of date.
        • Pam Tobias

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
              Melanie, Grace and peace to you during this time of great loss. My families prayers are extended to you and yours,
              Dick Young
              Blizzard

              > Dear Friends,
              >
              > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
              > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
              > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
              > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
              > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
              > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
              >
              > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
              > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
              > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
              > Challenge as they did every year.
              >
              > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
              > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
              > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
              > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
              > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
              >
              > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
              > you.
              >
              > Julie
              > Mrs. Captain Picard

            • Cpnowak
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                God be with you all

                Chris, penny, Logan and liahm

                cpnowak
                Penny Nowak

                --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

                > Dear Friends,
                >
                > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b) , Eryn (BigED11)
                > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                >
                > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                > Challenge as they did every year.
                >
                > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                >
                > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                > you.
                >
                > Julie
                > Mrs. Captain Picard

              • Hilton
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                  Melanie and family,

                  Our heartfelt prayers go out to your family.  Please call on your geocaching family for anything you may need!

                  TheFoods (Jeanne, Hilton and John)

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                    I will echo Shawn's statement. We are very blessed in this area to have a stong geocaching family. We see all the time that this family of cachers can come together in time of need. It is time to come together for Melanie and her family as well as for Richard and his family. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they work through this difficult time.

                    Wayne
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                      This is terrible news. Our hearts are broken. Anything you need Melanie, Nathaniel, the girls, *anything* -- you just let us know. You *know* we won't hesitate to step up for you.

                      Audra and Matthew
                      semik and mda_taz

                      > Dear Friends,
                      >
                      > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                      > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                      > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                      > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                      > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                      > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                      >
                      > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                      > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                      > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                      > Challenge as they did every year.
                      >
                      > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                      > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                      > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                      > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                      > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                      >
                      > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                      > you.
                      >
                      > Julie
                      > Mrs. Captain Picard

                    • indigo_parrish
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009

                        > Dear Friends,
                        >
                        > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                        > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                        > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                        > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                        > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                        > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                        >
                        > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                        > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                        > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                        > Challenge as they did every year.

                        Oh my God. :-(

                        Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby --
                        I can't imagine the pain you are going through.
                        Please know that others are thinking of you and praying for you.

                        Peace, Love, and Strength

                        -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                      • Doc
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                          OH!
                          oh.....
                          This is not good....
                          (I'm empathic)
                          I am so sad for you guys.   I've met you.  I know you.  grnberet2b came to my daughter's first geocaching event/birthday at Dave & Busters.   Melanie, when we've met we never talked much.  But I did see your eyes and your body language (something I do).  I know you...  my heart is heavy now for you....

                          Slitherin's brother too...

                          Tradgedy upon Tradgedy

                          oh, this is NOT good....

                          I AM so sad....
                          Barry
                          aka Doc Geo

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                            Oh, my.....

                            Melanie, I am so sorry for your loss!  We will remember your family in our prayers.

                            Heather & Grace
                            Ronin's Gal & Ronin's Ayame

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                              What a sad day for our comunity. Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby
                              I am so sorry about your loss. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.

                              Arnaud - SoaringEagle

                              > Dear Friends,
                              >
                              > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                              > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                              > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                              > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                              > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                              > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                              >
                              > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                              > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                              > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                              > Challenge as they did every year.
                              >
                              > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                              > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                              > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                              > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                              > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                              >
                              > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                              > you.
                              >
                              > Julie
                              > Mrs. Captain Picard

                            • electric_water_boy
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                We're all hurting with you..

                                > Dear Friends,
                                >
                                > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                                > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                                > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                                > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                                > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                                > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                                >
                                > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                                > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                                > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                                > Challenge as they did every year.
                                >
                                > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                                > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                                > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                                > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                                > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                                >
                                > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                                > you.
                                >
                                > Julie
                                > Mrs. Captain Picard

                              • mrs.browning
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                  Our hearts go out to everyone.
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009

                                    Unfortunately, words are totally inadequate to express my shock and sorrow at this news.  Please, know that my thoughts are with you at this incredibly trying time.  If there is anything I can do to make your lives a bit easier, please don't hesitate to ask.

                                    Hugs to all . . .

                                    Russ the waterweasel

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                      Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn, and Shelby-

                                      When I read Julie's note this morning, I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach.  Andrew was such a good man and life is so unfair.

                                      I immediately called Pat at work to tell the the horrible news and she shares my shock and grief. Know that we are here for you and will do whatever we can to try to help you get through this. Hold tight to each other and all your wonderful memories of a great husband and Dad.

                                      All our love and sympathy,
                                      Mary Beth & Pat
                                      (emmy-n-sapphie)

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                        I can't find the words to express the shock I feel at hearing this incredibly sad news. I never met Andrew, but from his logs, I felt like I did. I will keep my thoughts going out to Melanie and the kids. I live pretty close, Melanie, so email if  you need anything or anyone ferried around in the coming days.

                                        Anne (Totavi)