Cacher (family) Needs Maintenance

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
      Dear Friends,

      When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!  Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs.  Andrew Dickerman, caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11) and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad.  They are clinging to each other, and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.

      Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team for the Texas Challenge.  I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for being the gung-ho team that they were.  Few families enjoyed The Texas Challenge as they did every year.

      Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers.  If you would like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it.  If you knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June 2.  Food and care packages would be welcome, too.

      We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby.  Our hearts pour out to you.

    • Barbara Dukette
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
        Oh Melanie!

        I'm so sorry over Andrew's death.  Please know that you and your kids are in my prayers.

        Barbara (GiGi)

      • shawnolsen@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009

          I am with out words!

          Please accept our hart felt condolences!

           Stay strong and lean on this network for advice and help!

          Shawn
          S6Sputnik
        • Philip C. Mason
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
            Now wait a minute, there is just a little too much of this going down
            with the other email circulating too. I cant believe this.
            Please know that you guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

            Phil
            dragonscale365

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
[...]

              God have mercy on the man who doubts what he’s sure of. -- Bruce Springsteen; Brilliant Disguise

              You have a right to seek justice! Click here to find experienced lawyers across the USA.

            • Bob Chernow
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                Mrs. Captain Picard wrote:
[...]

                I do not think I ever had the privilege of meeting Andrew but did once cache a bit with Melanie and Nathanial. My heart reaches out to you all the way from North Carolina. Hang in there. You have many many friends to share your grief.

                bobchernow
              • Richard
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                  My deepest sympathies to Melanie and children. My good thoughts and prayers are with them also.

                  > Dear Friends,
                  >
                  > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                  > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                  > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                  > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                  > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                  > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                  >
                  > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                  > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                  > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                  > Challenge as they did every year.
                  >
                  > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                  > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                  > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                  > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                  > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                  >
                  > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                  > you.
                  >
                  > Julie
                  > Mrs. Captain Picard

                • Ed Anderson
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                    Melanie,

                    I am deeply sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

                    Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

                    > Dear Friends,
                    >
                    > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                    > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                    > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                    > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                    > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                    > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                    >
                    > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                    > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                    > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                    > Challenge as they did every year.
                    >
                    > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                    > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                    > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                    > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                    > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                    >
                    > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                    > you.
                    >
                    > Julie
                    > Mrs. Captain Picard

                  • Joanne Comer
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                      Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  jo/amick

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                        OMG, Melanie, I'm so sorry....will email you off the group
                        Jana
[...]

                        Internal Virus Database is out of date.
                      • Pam Tobias

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                            Melanie, Grace and peace to you during this time of great loss. My families prayers are extended to you and yours,
                            Dick Young
                            Blizzard

                            > Dear Friends,
                            >
                            > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                            > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                            > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                            > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                            > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                            > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                            >
                            > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                            > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                            > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                            > Challenge as they did every year.
                            >
                            > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                            > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                            > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                            > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                            > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                            >
                            > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                            > you.
                            >
                            > Julie
                            > Mrs. Captain Picard

                          • Cpnowak
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                              God be with you all

                              Chris, penny, Logan and liahm

                              cpnowak
                              Penny Nowak

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@ ...> wrote:

                              > Dear Friends,
                              >
                              > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                              > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                              > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                              > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b) , Eryn (BigED11)
                              > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                              > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                              >
                              > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                              > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                              > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                              > Challenge as they did every year.
                              >
                              > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                              > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                              > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                              > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                              > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                              >
                              > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                              > you.
                              >
                              > Julie
                              > Mrs. Captain Picard

                            • Hilton
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                                Melanie and family,

                                Our heartfelt prayers go out to your family.  Please call on your geocaching family for anything you may need!

                                TheFoods (Jeanne, Hilton and John)

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                                  I will echo Shawn's statement. We are very blessed in this area to have a stong geocaching family. We see all the time that this family of cachers can come together in time of need. It is time to come together for Melanie and her family as well as for Richard and his family. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they work through this difficult time.

                                  Wayne

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                                    This is terrible news. Our hearts are broken. Anything you need Melanie, Nathaniel, the girls, *anything* -- you just let us know. You *know* we won't hesitate to step up for you.

                                    Audra and Matthew
                                    semik and mda_taz

                                    > Dear Friends,
                                    >
                                    > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                                    > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                                    > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                                    > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                                    > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                                    > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                                    >
                                    > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                                    > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                                    > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                                    > Challenge as they did every year.
                                    >
                                    > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                                    > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                                    > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                                    > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                                    > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                                    >
                                    > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                                    > you.
                                    >
                                    > Julie
                                    > Mrs. Captain Picard

                                  • indigo_parrish
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009

                                      > Dear Friends,
                                      >
                                      > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                                      > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                                      > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                                      > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                                      > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                                      > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                                      >
                                      > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                                      > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                                      > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                                      > Challenge as they did every year.

                                      Oh my God. :-(

                                      Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby --
                                      I can't imagine the pain you are going through.
                                      Please know that others are thinking of you and praying for you.

                                      Peace, Love, and Strength

                                      -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                                    • Doc
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                                        OH!
                                        oh.....
                                        This is not good....
                                        (I'm empathic)
                                        I am so sad for you guys.   I've met you.  I know you.  grnberet2b came to my daughter's first geocaching event/birthday at Dave & Busters.   Melanie, when we've met we never talked much.  But I did see your eyes and your body language (something I do).  I know you...  my heart is heavy now for you....

                                        Slitherin's brother too...

                                        Tradgedy upon Tradgedy

                                        oh, this is NOT good....

                                        I AM so sad....
                                        Barry
                                        aka Doc Geo

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                                          Oh, my.....

                                          Melanie, I am so sorry for your loss!  We will remember your family in our prayers.

                                          Heather & Grace
                                          Ronin's Gal & Ronin's Ayame

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jun 1, 2009
                                            What a sad day for our comunity. Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby
                                            I am so sorry about your loss. My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.

                                            Arnaud - SoaringEagle

                                            > Dear Friends,
                                            >
                                            > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                                            > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                                            > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                                            > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                                            > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                                            > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                                            >
                                            > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                                            > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                                            > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                                            > Challenge as they did every year.
                                            >
                                            > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                                            > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                                            > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                                            > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                                            > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                                            >
                                            > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                                            > you.
                                            >
                                            > Julie
                                            > Mrs. Captain Picard

                                          • electric_water_boy
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                              We're all hurting with you..

                                              > Dear Friends,
                                              >
                                              > When one of our own needs help, this group responds with flying colors!
                                              > Well, today, four of our own need your prayers and hugs. Andrew Dickerman,
                                              > caching as Droid81, passed away unexpectedly today, leaving his wife Melanie
                                              > (ACClanman), and three caching kids, Nathaniel (grnberet2b), Eryn (BigED11)
                                              > and Shelby (MightyMite) without their dad. They are clinging to each other,
                                              > and several of us are here supporting her the best we can.
                                              >
                                              > Andrew finished with 2400 finds and was a valuable member of my Casual Team
                                              > for the Texas Challenge. I'll always appreciate he and his whole family for
                                              > being the gung-ho team that they were. Few families enjoyed The Texas
                                              > Challenge as they did every year.
                                              >
                                              > Melanie and the kids could sure use your thoughts and prayers. If you would
                                              > like to post a note to this group or to the cache page of the cache that is
                                              > located at their home (GC1JM8X), they would really appreciate it. If you
                                              > knew Melanie and the kids, she welcomes your visit beginning Tuesday, June
                                              > 2. Food and care packages would be welcome, too.
                                              >
                                              > We love you, Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn and Shelby. Our hearts pour out to
                                              > you.
                                              >
                                              > Julie
                                              > Mrs. Captain Picard

                                            • mrs.browning
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                                Our hearts go out to everyone.
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009

                                                  Unfortunately, words are totally inadequate to express my shock and sorrow at this news.  Please, know that my thoughts are with you at this incredibly trying time.  If there is anything I can do to make your lives a bit easier, please don't hesitate to ask.

                                                  Hugs to all . . .

                                                  Russ the waterweasel

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                                    Melanie, Nathaniel, Eryn, and Shelby-

                                                    When I read Julie's note this morning, I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach.  Andrew was such a good man and life is so unfair.

                                                    I immediately called Pat at work to tell the the horrible news and she shares my shock and grief. Know that we are here for you and will do whatever we can to try to help you get through this. Hold tight to each other and all your wonderful memories of a great husband and Dad.

                                                    All our love and sympathy,
                                                    Mary Beth & Pat
                                                    (emmy-n-sapphie)

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jun 2, 2009
                                                      I can't find the words to express the shock I feel at hearing this incredibly sad news. I never met Andrew, but from his logs, I felt like I did. I will keep my thoughts going out to Melanie and the kids. I live pretty close, Melanie, so email if  you need anything or anyone ferried around in the coming days.

                                                      Anne (Totavi)