Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Dr. Jump's Official graduation ceremonies

  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Message 1 of 9 , May 23 8:04 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 25 KB
    Well, it was actually only FG2 of FiedoGang who was on the platform. I
    had two students who had completed, so it was a lovely bonus to have
    the chance to also congratulate the lovely Maria on stage. Her look of
    surprise was worth the price of admission! :-)

    Attached is a (somewhat fuzzy) picture from on-stage as Maria was hooded.

    -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)

    On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM, A Allen (SEMIK) <al_allen327@...> wrote:

    > Dr. Maria Jump made official her Doctoral completion today at the Doctoral
    > Graduation ceremonies at the University of Texas. Moosiegirl, The Outlaw,
    > mda_taz and I were in attendance as well as many members of her family. We
    > geocachers were all surprised to see FiedoGang appear in the receiving
    > line!! If there were others' present, I didn't see ya, sorry for not
    > mentioning you.
  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Message 2 of 9 , May 23 8:13 PM
      Oh! And a geocaching-related postscript: One of my two students who
      was also hooded today is the person who first introduced me to
      geocaching!!

      On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Vicki L. Almstrum <almstrum@...> wrote:
      > Well, it was actually only FG2 of FiedoGang who was on the platform. I
      > had two students who had completed, so it was a lovely bonus to have
      > the chance to also congratulate the lovely Maria on stage. Her look of
      > surprise was worth the price of admission! :-)
    • manny jimenez
      Message 3 of 9 , May 23 9:23 PM
        Congrats to Dr. Jump on such a wonderful achievement.

        hands"My sister is also a UT grad - class of 2009"off
        Manny

        Dr. Maria Jump made official her Doctoral completion today at the Doctoral Graduation ceremonies at the University of Texas. Moosiegirl, The Outlaw, mda_taz and I were in attendance as well as many members of her family. We geocachers were all surprised to see FiedoGang appear in the receiving line!! If there were others' present, I didn't see ya, sorry for not mentioning you.

        Maria rocks! Congrats, Maria!

        Audra/semik

      • Ed Anderson
        Message 4 of 9 , May 24 5:25 AM
          I'll add my congratulations, too. Coincidentally, I was sitting on the stage as well--one of my students also received her doctorate.

          Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki L. Almstrum" <almstrum@...> wrote:

          > Well, it was actually only FG2 of FiedoGang who was on the platform. I
          > had two students who had completed, so it was a lovely bonus to have
          > the chance to also congratulate the lovely Maria on stage. Her look of
          > surprise was worth the price of admission! :-)
          >
          > Attached is a (somewhat fuzzy) picture from on-stage as Maria was hooded.
          >
          > -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)
          >
          > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM, A Allen (SEMIK) <al_allen327@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Dr. Maria Jump made official her Doctoral completion today at the Doctoral
          > > Graduation ceremonies at the University of Texas. Moosiegirl, The Outlaw,
          > > mda_taz and I were in attendance as well as many members of her family. We
          > > geocachers were all surprised to see FiedoGang appear in the receiving
          > > line!! If there were others' present, I didn't see ya, sorry for not
          > > mentioning you.

        • Wayne Lind
          Message 5 of 9 , May 24 6:32 AM
            Yep, the doctor is in. Of course if go to her with a headache, she'll probably prescribe a hard drive.... Congratulations Maria!

            Message 6 of 9 , May 24 1:50 PM
              My, my, my, but we are a illustrious crew....

              BarbJ/Tygress

              On Sun, 24 May 2009 12:25:16 -0000 "Ed Anderson"
              <edgeanderson@...> writes:
              > I'll add my congratulations, too. Coincidentally, I was sitting on
              > the stage as well--one of my students also received her doctorate.
              >
              > Ed/SoftScienceOfficer
              >

              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki L. Almstrum"
              > <almstrum@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Well, it was actually only FG2 of FiedoGang who was on the
              > platform. I
              > > had two students who had completed, so it was a lovely bonus to
              > have
              > > the chance to also congratulate the lovely Maria on stage. Her
              > look of
              > > surprise was worth the price of admission! :-)
              > >
              > > Attached is a (somewhat fuzzy) picture from on-stage as Maria was
              > hooded.
              > >
              > > -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)
              > >
              > > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 6:28 PM, A Allen (SEMIK) <al_allen327@...>
              > wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Dr. Maria Jump made official her Doctoral completion today at
              > the Doctoral
              > > > Graduation ceremonies at the University of Texas. Moosiegirl,
              > The Outlaw,
              > > > mda_taz and I were in attendance as well as many members of her
              > family. We
              > > > geocachers were all surprised to see FiedoGang appear in the
              > receiving
              > > > line!! If there were others' present, I didn't see ya, sorry for
              > not
              > > > mentioning you.

              God have mercy on the man who doubts what he’s sure of. -- Bruce
              Springsteen; Brilliant Disguise
              Free information on Contractor Training. Click now!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOa0XYHVuRwckqjdgoH8HAdfcNwWFGxgXp5WlmN5NizjTbssUkZva/
            • Maria "theJump"
              Message 7 of 9 , May 25 7:14 AM
                Thanks everyone!!

                I can't say that I'm not tickled pink 'cause I am.  It was a long road to achieve this and there have been many adventures along the way.  One of my favorite things is that I discovered geocaching during this journey and have met all of you.  The past 2 years (my geocaching anniversary was May 19) have been some of the best of my time here in Austin.

                Ted and I have both gotten jobs in Pennsylvania and will be leaving sometime in July to start them.

                Mark your calendars for July 3rd which will be the date of my farewell event.  I'm looking for locations now and will create the event as soon as I figure out where to have it.

                See you on the trail,
                -Maria / TheJump