Re: NiMH battery sale!!!

  • Candy Lind <candylind@email.com>
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2003
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Tony Fannin
      <angryarmadillo@y...> wrote:
      > Was at Fry's this evening drooling over stuff I can't
      > possibly afford and noticed their ad had a sale on
      > NiMH batteries ... I grabbed a 4 pack of
      > 2000mAh marked at $9.99. They rung up at $6.99.

      WooHOO! Thanks for the tip, Tony! I ran over there and got batteries
      for us and TreyB and TeamTracker. What a great deal! I think what
      happened is that maybe the manufacturer couldn't deliver the qty that
      Frys requested and these were a substitution, and Austin was lucky
      enough to get the higher power batteries. I'm sorely tempted to get
      some more. They still have plenty, folks; get 'em while they're hot!

      I think some of my first NiMH's from 2 years ago might finally start
      to wear out soon. They have surely saved us a ton on batteries. We
      keep a cup of charged up batteries in the freezer and all we need to
      do is grab a handful when we're heading out the door (NiMHs "leak"
      their charge at normal temps, but if you store them in the freezer,
      they don't leak.).

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • rachel
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
        Candy!
        Hello to all! We sure do miss all of you! I sincerely appreciate all of
        you making efforts to show TPW our Lost Pines Challenge as we are now miles
        away! I'm happy to hear that you are working with a voice in the park
        systems! It's a shame the same cannot be done in such beautiful areas in
        the Rocky Mountains! Grrrrrrr! Caching is not as fun here - I know it's
        because we miss ALL of you!!! Luckily we can still follow what everyone
        does there and participate in discussion!

        Take care dear ones!

        You know, Bastrop SP needed a little needle house cleaning anyway,
        heheheheheheh! I live for being evil! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

        Hugs!
        Ciao,
        Rachel
        P.S. Perhaps we should have an offical geocaching handshake when meeting
        officers in the park at sunset! <grins>

      • Eoghan <eoghan@sharawadgi.com>
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
          Hey Candy,
          Thanks for going out to the park and showing the Ranger where the
          caches are. We both really appreciate it. And BTW, Rach and I hid the
          cache together so I get to claim some of the evilness, but maybe just
          a little bit, maybe I'm just "Evil Lite" or something like that.
          Unless of course you injure yourself looking for it, in which case it
          was all her idea and I was just along for the ride...
          -Eoghan

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
            Hey Candy,
            Thanks for going out to the park and showing the Ranger where the
            caches are. We both really appreciate it. And BTW, Rach and I hid the
            cache together so I get to claim some of the evilness, but maybe just
            a little bit, maybe I'm just "Evil Lite" or something like that.
            Unless of course you injure yourself looking for it, in which case it
            was all her idea and I was just along for the ride...
            -Eoghan

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind
            <candylind@e...>" <candylind@e...> wrote:

            > BY THE WAY, Pumpkin Princess, you are most definitely EVIL EVIL
            > EVIL!! Wayne and Trey could not find that doggone second leg again,
            > even though we found it once before! They and Todd rearranged most
            of
            > the pine needles and leaves on that hill looking for it! LOL
            >
            > Happy Trails,
            > Candy
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 19, 2003