NiMH battery sale...

  • Tony Fannin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
      Was at Fry's this evening drooling over stuff I can't
      possibly afford and noticed their ad had a sale on
      NiMH batteries. 1800mAh 4pack for $6.99. I decided to
      pick up a pack as that's not too bad a price. I
      wandered over to the battery aisle and couldn't find
      them. I figured they were out so I grabbed a 4 pack of
      2000mAh marked at $9.99. They rung up at $6.99. I've
      seen these exact same batteries go for about. I bought
      2 packs and should have bought more. They are Lenmar
      NoMEMs. I use these same things in AAA for my palm
      pilot and they work just fine.

      Tony

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Candy Lind <candylind@email.com>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2003
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Tony Fannin
        <angryarmadillo@y...> wrote:
        > Was at Fry's this evening drooling over stuff I can't
        > possibly afford and noticed their ad had a sale on
        > NiMH batteries ... I grabbed a 4 pack of
        > 2000mAh marked at $9.99. They rung up at $6.99.

        WooHOO! Thanks for the tip, Tony! I ran over there and got batteries
        for us and TreyB and TeamTracker. What a great deal! I think what
        happened is that maybe the manufacturer couldn't deliver the qty that
        Frys requested and these were a substitution, and Austin was lucky
        enough to get the higher power batteries. I'm sorely tempted to get
        some more. They still have plenty, folks; get 'em while they're hot!

        I think some of my first NiMH's from 2 years ago might finally start
        to wear out soon. They have surely saved us a ton on batteries. We
        keep a cup of charged up batteries in the freezer and all we need to
        do is grab a handful when we're heading out the door (NiMHs "leak"
        their charge at normal temps, but if you store them in the freezer,
        they don't leak.).

        Happy Trails,
        Candy
      • rachel
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
          Candy!
          Hello to all! We sure do miss all of you! I sincerely appreciate all of
          you making efforts to show TPW our Lost Pines Challenge as we are now miles
          away! I'm happy to hear that you are working with a voice in the park
          systems! It's a shame the same cannot be done in such beautiful areas in
          the Rocky Mountains! Grrrrrrr! Caching is not as fun here - I know it's
          because we miss ALL of you!!! Luckily we can still follow what everyone
          does there and participate in discussion!

          Take care dear ones!

          You know, Bastrop SP needed a little needle house cleaning anyway,
          heheheheheheh! I live for being evil! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

          Hugs!
          Ciao,
          Rachel
          P.S. Perhaps we should have an offical geocaching handshake when meeting
          officers in the park at sunset! <grins>

        • Eoghan <eoghan@sharawadgi.com>
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
            Hey Candy,
            Thanks for going out to the park and showing the Ranger where the
            caches are. We both really appreciate it. And BTW, Rach and I hid the
            cache together so I get to claim some of the evilness, but maybe just
            a little bit, maybe I'm just "Evil Lite" or something like that.
            Unless of course you injure yourself looking for it, in which case it
            was all her idea and I was just along for the ride...
            -Eoghan

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2003
              Hey Candy,
              Thanks for going out to the park and showing the Ranger where the
              caches are. We both really appreciate it. And BTW, Rach and I hid the
              cache together so I get to claim some of the evilness, but maybe just
              a little bit, maybe I'm just "Evil Lite" or something like that.
              Unless of course you injure yourself looking for it, in which case it
              was all her idea and I was just along for the ride...
              -Eoghan

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind
              <candylind@e...>" <candylind@e...> wrote:

              > BY THE WAY, Pumpkin Princess, you are most definitely EVIL EVIL
              > EVIL!! Wayne and Trey could not find that doggone second leg again,
              > even though we found it once before! They and Todd rearranged most
              of
              > the pine needles and leaves on that hill looking for it! LOL
              >
              > Happy Trails,
              > Candy
            • Wayne Lind
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 19, 2003