Re: What to do when log is missing and others log find that is not there?

  • iris9
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2009
      I read with interest the posts today about logs and owners deleting them. I had never had a log deleted until recently as we are caching up the east coast. In Florida Glenn had several deleted and when he contacted the owner he was told it was because he did not allow spoilers. An example of the "spoiler" Glenn posted is: The cache name was "Hurricane Ridge" so he said in his log that it looked like a hurricane had hit here. That was considered a spoiler. I might add that a hurricane had actually hit there and there were acres of fallen trees to climb over and hunt through in order to find the cache! He was allowed to relog them by just saying" found it". The only one we didn't get to relog was because I said that there were 2 logs - one too wet to sign and a dry one so I signed the dry one. Owner said he didn't put 2 logs in there so that was not allowed. He did say I could return and refind it and sign the correct lot (the wet one I guess). Of course he didn't delete it for a month after I found it and was 1000 miles away!

      Texas cache owners and cachers are the best! We have now cached in 24 states and definitely like caching in Texas best. Having fun on our trip but also looking forward to being back in Texas.

      Lyni9 (Iris Scott)