RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: 2008 Centex Award Nominees!!

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009

      Although that link isn’t taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine aren’t posting.  I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there’s an error.

      Triple drat!

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
        Ditto - I had 2 other caches nominated (beyond Carniverous Slobbius - well guess what looks like a crowd pleaser!)

        But the 2 others weren't on the list

        bernsa

        > Although that link isn't taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine
        > aren't posting. I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that
        > only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there's an error.
        >

        > Triple drat!
        >

        > Julie
        >
        > Mrs. Captain Picard

      • Jay
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
          The link works if you remove the period at the end.

          On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:57 AM, Mrs. Captain Picard wrote:

          Although that link isn’t taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine aren’t posting.  I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there’s an error.

          Triple drat!

          Am I the only one who doesn't see the caches I nominated on the list? Did I miss some important step somewhere? Was there a final "you must click here to really submit your caches" button?

          Double drat.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "SoaringEagle" <arnaud@...> wrote:

          > Thank you to the 35 people that submitted caches for the 2008 Centex
          > awards.
          >
          > I just finished tallying the results and created to bookmark list with
          > the nominees: http://tinyurl. com/cnj7kg.
          >
          > For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only
          > one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only. I will put all the
          > entries for voting....
          >
          > The web page for voting will be up and running in a couple of days.
          > Voting is open until May 30th. Plenty of time to visit these great
          > caches.
          >
          > Cache On!
          >
          > SoaringEagle.

        • SoaringEagle
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
            On the pictures I was not clear. There will actually be a lot of pictures and logs. They were all submitted by different people. Nobody nominated the same picture or log twice. Because of this I was not able to select based on votes. So I will put them all for vote.

            They are not currently in the bookmark as we cannot bookmark pictures and logs. They will be on the web page for voting as soon as I I am able to do it. This will take me a couple more days as I have various things going on.

            Arnaud.

          • staciecro@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
              Also, looks like I did something wrong....my nominations weren't on the list...boohoo....stacie/staciecro

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle" <arnaud@...> wrote:

              > On the pictures I was not clear. There will actually be a lot of pictures and logs. They were all submitted by different people. Nobody nominated the same picture or log twice. Because of this I was not able to select based on votes. So I will put them all for vote.
              >
              > They are not currently in the bookmark as we cannot bookmark pictures and logs. They will be on the web page for voting as soon as I I am able to do it. This will take me a couple more days as I have various things going on.
              >
              > Arnaud.
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Although that link isn't taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine
              > > aren't posting. I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that
              > > only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there's an error.
              > >

              > > > For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only
              > > > one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only. I will put all the
              > > > entries for voting....

            • SoaringEagle
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                A quick answer for those that don't see the cache that they nominated on the list. I received many nominations for each category. But as the rules says, we only keep the top 4 for the voting round.

                So to give you an example, for Best Traditional Cache, I received nominations for 21 different caches. Only the top 4 were selected. This means that 17 caches received votes but are not on the list. In order to make it to the top 4 for this category, a cache needed at least 3 votes. 5 was the highest number of votes received in this category.

                So in conclusion, there are more caches that received votes and were NOT selected than caches that were selected.

                Here is the URL again without the dot at the end.
                http://tinyurl.com/cnj7kg

                Cache on.

                Arnaud.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "redfood737" <bernsa@...> wrote:

                > Ditto - I had 2 other caches nominated (beyond Carniverous Slobbius - well guess what looks like a crowd pleaser!)
                >
                > But the 2 others weren't on the list
                >
                > bernsa

              • Barbara Dukette
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                  I finally got to see the list.  Even though only one of my nominations made the list, I really appreciate you doing all this work, Arnaud!  Muchas Gracias!
                  Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2009
                    As I understand it.... not EVERY nominee made the cut for final voting.
                    The idea (of the nominations) was a prevote, narrowing the field to the
                    top four or so nominees in every category.

                    Now I might be confused, and there's a list posted of EVERY cache that
                    got a nomination.... but in defense of Arnaud, I appreciate having the
                    nominees trimmed for a final selection. Even if the caches *I* think are
                    super duper didn't make the final cut. Such is the nature of awards.

                    On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:56:55 -0000 "staciecro@..."
                    <staciecro@...> writes:
                    > Also, looks like I did something wrong....my nominations weren't on
                    > the list...boohoo....stacie/staciecro
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle"
                    > <arnaud@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > On the pictures I was not clear. There will actually be a lot of
                    > pictures and logs. They were all submitted by different people.
                    > Nobody nominated the same picture or log twice. Because of this I
                    > was not able to select based on votes. So I will put them all for
                    > vote.
                    > >
                    > > They are not currently in the bookmark as we cannot bookmark
                    > pictures and logs. They will be on the web page for voting as soon
                    > as I I am able to do it. This will take me a couple more days as I
                    > have various things going on.
                    > >
                    > > Arnaud.
                    > >
                    > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain
                    > Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Although that link isn't taking me anywhere, I can probably
                    > agree that mine
                    > > > aren't posting. I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his
                    > statement that
                    > > > only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there's an
                    > error.

                    > submitted by only
                    > the

                    God have mercy on the man who doubts what he’s sure of. -- Bruce
                    Springsteen; Brilliant Disguise
                    Is your identity at risk? Click here for reliable identity theft protection.
                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFP6LaeAbcgYavsar6jfghLoaN4jORVYVD1iqzKepff2g4ncppfg8/