2008 Centex Award Nominees!!

  • SoaringEagle
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 10:42 PM
      Thank you to the 35 people that submitted caches for the 2008 Centex awards.

      I just finished tallying the results and created to bookmark list with the nominees: http://tinyurl.com/cnj7kg.

      For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only.    I will put all the entries for voting....

      The web page for voting will be up and running in a couple of days.  Voting is open until May 30th.  Plenty of time to visit these great caches.

      Cache On!

      SoaringEagle.
    • gtbevo2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2 4:39 AM
        Well Drat!

        Am I the only one who doesn't see the caches I nominated on the list? Did I miss some important step somewhere? Was there a final "you must click here to really submit your caches" button?

        Double drat.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle" <arnaud@...> wrote:

        > Thank you to the 35 people that submitted caches for the 2008 Centex
        > awards.
        >
        > I just finished tallying the results and created to bookmark list with
        > the nominees: http://tinyurl.com/cnj7kg.
        >
        > For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only
        > one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only. I will put all the
        > entries for voting....
        >
        > The web page for voting will be up and running in a couple of days.
        > Voting is open until May 30th. Plenty of time to visit these great
        > caches.
        >
        > Cache On!
        >
        > SoaringEagle.

      • Mrs. Captain Picard
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2 4:57 AM

          Although that link isn’t taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine aren’t posting.  I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there’s an error.

          Triple drat!

          Am I the only one who doesn't see the caches I nominated on the list? Did I miss some important step somewhere? Was there a final "you must click here to really submit your caches" button?

          Double drat.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle" <arnaud@...> wrote:

          > Thank you to the 35 people that submitted caches for the 2008 Centex
          > awards.
          >
          > I just finished tallying the results and created to bookmark list with
          > the nominees: http://tinyurl.com/cnj7kg.
          >
          > For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only
          > one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only. I will put all the
          > entries for voting....
          >
          > The web page for voting will be up and running in a couple of days.
          > Voting is open until May 30th. Plenty of time to visit these great
          > caches.
          >
          > Cache On!
          >
          > SoaringEagle.

        • redfood737
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2 5:49 AM
            Ditto - I had 2 other caches nominated (beyond Carniverous Slobbius - well guess what looks like a crowd pleaser!)

            But the 2 others weren't on the list

            bernsa

            > Although that link isn't taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine
            > aren't posting. I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that
            > only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there's an error.
            >

            > Triple drat!
            >

            > Julie
            >
            > Mrs. Captain Picard

          • Jay
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2 6:25 AM
              The link works if you remove the period at the end.

              On Apr 2, 2009, at 6:57 AM, Mrs. Captain Picard wrote:

              Although that link isn’t taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine aren’t posting.  I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there’s an error.

              Triple drat!

              Am I the only one who doesn't see the caches I nominated on the list? Did I miss some important step somewhere? Was there a final "you must click here to really submit your caches" button?

              Double drat.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "SoaringEagle" <arnaud@...> wrote:

              > Thank you to the 35 people that submitted caches for the 2008 Centex
              > awards.
              >
              > I just finished tallying the results and created to bookmark list with
              > the nominees: http://tinyurl. com/cnj7kg.
              >
              > For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only
              > one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only. I will put all the
              > entries for voting....
              >
              > The web page for voting will be up and running in a couple of days.
              > Voting is open until May 30th. Plenty of time to visit these great
              > caches.
              >
              > Cache On!
              >
              > SoaringEagle.

            • SoaringEagle
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2 6:45 AM
                On the pictures I was not clear. There will actually be a lot of pictures and logs. They were all submitted by different people. Nobody nominated the same picture or log twice. Because of this I was not able to select based on votes. So I will put them all for vote.

                They are not currently in the bookmark as we cannot bookmark pictures and logs. They will be on the web page for voting as soon as I I am able to do it. This will take me a couple more days as I have various things going on.

                Arnaud.

              • staciecro@ymail.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2 6:56 AM
                  Also, looks like I did something wrong....my nominations weren't on the list...boohoo....stacie/staciecro

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle" <arnaud@...> wrote:

                  > On the pictures I was not clear. There will actually be a lot of pictures and logs. They were all submitted by different people. Nobody nominated the same picture or log twice. Because of this I was not able to select based on votes. So I will put them all for vote.
                  >
                  > They are not currently in the bookmark as we cannot bookmark pictures and logs. They will be on the web page for voting as soon as I I am able to do it. This will take me a couple more days as I have various things going on.
                  >
                  > Arnaud.
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Although that link isn't taking me anywhere, I can probably agree that mine
                  > > aren't posting. I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his statement that
                  > > only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there's an error.
                  > >

                  > > > For the pictures and the logs, since all of them were submitted by only
                  > > > one person, I was not able to reduce to 4 only. I will put all the
                  > > > entries for voting....

                • SoaringEagle
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2 6:59 AM
                    A quick answer for those that don't see the cache that they nominated on the list. I received many nominations for each category. But as the rules says, we only keep the top 4 for the voting round.

                    So to give you an example, for Best Traditional Cache, I received nominations for 21 different caches. Only the top 4 were selected. This means that 17 caches received votes but are not on the list. In order to make it to the top 4 for this category, a cache needed at least 3 votes. 5 was the highest number of votes received in this category.

                    So in conclusion, there are more caches that received votes and were NOT selected than caches that were selected.

                    Here is the URL again without the dot at the end.
                    http://tinyurl.com/cnj7kg

                    Cache on.

                    Arnaud.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "redfood737" <bernsa@...> wrote:

                    > Ditto - I had 2 other caches nominated (beyond Carniverous Slobbius - well guess what looks like a crowd pleaser!)
                    >
                    > But the 2 others weren't on the list
                    >
                    > bernsa

                  • Barbara Dukette
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2 7:40 AM
                      I finally got to see the list.  Even though only one of my nominations made the list, I really appreciate you doing all this work, Arnaud!  Muchas Gracias!
                      Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2 8:29 AM
                        As I understand it.... not EVERY nominee made the cut for final voting.
                        The idea (of the nominations) was a prevote, narrowing the field to the
                        top four or so nominees in every category.

                        Now I might be confused, and there's a list posted of EVERY cache that
                        got a nomination.... but in defense of Arnaud, I appreciate having the
                        nominees trimmed for a final selection. Even if the caches *I* think are
                        super duper didn't make the final cut. Such is the nature of awards.

                        On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:56:55 -0000 "staciecro@..."
                        <staciecro@...> writes:
                        > Also, looks like I did something wrong....my nominations weren't on
                        > the list...boohoo....stacie/staciecro
                        >
                        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "SoaringEagle"
                        > <arnaud@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > On the pictures I was not clear. There will actually be a lot of
                        > pictures and logs. They were all submitted by different people.
                        > Nobody nominated the same picture or log twice. Because of this I
                        > was not able to select based on votes. So I will put them all for
                        > vote.
                        > >
                        > > They are not currently in the bookmark as we cannot bookmark
                        > pictures and logs. They will be on the web page for voting as soon
                        > as I I am able to do it. This will take me a couple more days as I
                        > have various things going on.
                        > >
                        > > Arnaud.
                        > >
                        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain
                        > Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Although that link isn't taking me anywhere, I can probably
                        > agree that mine
                        > > > aren't posting. I submitted 2 logs and no pictures, so his
                        > statement that
                        > > > only one person submitted logs and pictures must mean there's an
                        > error.

                        > submitted by only
                        > the

                        God have mercy on the man who doubts what he’s sure of. -- Bruce
                        Springsteen; Brilliant Disguise
                        Is your identity at risk? Click here for reliable identity theft protection.
                        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFP6LaeAbcgYavsar6jfghLoaN4jORVYVD1iqzKepff2g4ncppfg8/