Re: GPS the MOVIE -- viewing night

  • redfood737
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      Put in the event! I just booked tickets.

      Coming into town Lunch time Thu Apr 16.

      Thinking of this as an itinerary
      Caching Barton Creek following a Rudy's Lunch (South Austin) Thu
      Pedernales Falls cleanup for me (Fri) EVENT?!?!
      Inks Lake paddle/cache with friends(Sat or Sun)
      Copperas Cove/Killeen Caching with friends(Sat or Sun)
      Pace Bend? (Mon)
      Travel home tuesday

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <palbers@...> wrote:

      > Tanya,
      >
      > I also got the movie and I asked Eric Colley about holding an event to
      > share the movie with other cachers in the area. This is what he stated:
      >
      > "Let me know what kind of event you are having and we'll figure somethign out.
      > Technically you're not supposed to have private screenings, but since we can't
      > really stop it we'd rather just work with you on it. :-) Let me know how
      > many people you might have attend an event screening and we'll try to figure
      > something out to partner."
      >
      > So, careful with the wording on the cache page, so that publically breaking
      > any laws. If you don't have Eric's email or phone number, contact me offline
      > and I'll give them to you. Better to get him onboard with this event now.
      > There were some other perks he mentioned to me relating to the above mentioned
      > partnership, and we can talk about those offline too. :)
      >
      > Of course, having a bunch of people over to one's house is not really a private
      > screening, but making it public that the movie will be shown somewhere for free
      > is what I think crosses the line?
      >
      > Either way, it does sound like a great idea. I am going to be watching the movie
      > tonight!
      >
      > -paul
      > HiDude_98
      >
      > ---- Tanya Phillips <tanyamp@...> wrote:
      > > Hey Julie suggested i throw an event to view the movie.
      > > Bernsa wants an event while they are here in town.
      > >
      > > Anybody up for an event April 17th (friday night) to view the movie?
      > >
      > > I can do it at my house, or we can go somewhere else????
      > >
      > > 7pm-ish?
      > > potluck snacks and drinks?
      > >
      > > let me know!!!!
      > >
      > > tanya
      > > aka: gadget girl

    • Cheryl
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
        Other then online, where you can buy the movie?

        Cheryl/CADrake