Re: Suggestions for a Thurs/Fri night meet & greet event

  • redfood737
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
      It's very funny because I was thinking of hosting a GPS The Movie screaning event in my apt complex - it has a private screening room where I can host like 25 people or so. Not real helpful to y'all but I'd still come out... I'll know for sure in the next 24 hours if I'm coming - but it's leaning 70% favorable.

      YAY DOUBLE Elite Qualification Miles!

      bernsa

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...> wrote:

      > LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.
      >
      > I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....
      >

      > Barry
      >
      > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
      > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
      > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
      > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

    • Cybercat
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
        It "wasn't actuallly about geocaching"? Then what is it about?  I must be missing something here..............????
        It's very funny because I was thinking of hosting a GPS The Movie screaning event in my apt complex - it has a private screening room where I can host like 25 people or so. Not real helpful to y'all but I'd still come out... I'll know for sure in the next 24 hours if I'm coming - but it's leaning 70% favorable.

        YAY DOUBLE Elite Qualification Miles!

        bernsa

        --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Doc <bcwatson@.. .> wrote:

        > LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.
        >
        > I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....
        >

        > Barry
        >
        > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
        > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
        > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
        > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

        Checked by AVG.
      • Doc
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
          It's people playing a GPS game that does take them outdoors and stuff.  They get quests after entering a puzzle code online (kind of like the gps game some of us were playing).  But as they go after it, the encounter trouble....

          Barry

          It "wasn't actuallly about geocaching"? Then what is it about?  I must be missing something here........ ......??? ?
          It's very funny because I was thinking of hosting a GPS The Movie screaning event in my apt complex - it has a private screening room where I can host like 25 people or so. Not real helpful to y'all but I'd still come out... I'll know for sure in the next 24 hours if I'm coming - but it's leaning 70% favorable.

          YAY DOUBLE Elite Qualification Miles!

          bernsa

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Doc <bcwatson@.. .> wrote:

          > LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.
          >
          > I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....
          >

          > Barry
          >
          > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
          > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
          > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
          > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

          Checked by AVG.

        • manny jimenez
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
            You mean they go after a puzzle cache without trying to solve it first, and then when they get to the cache they try to phone a friend but their cell phone dies?

            hands"oops, did I give away some of the plot?"off
            Manny

          • Doc
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
              hmmm....  sounds like you have first hand experience with that...
              and no...  that's not the plot...   lol....
              Barry

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2009
                That would explain why I have low numbers of found puzzle caches.  I have found out to also carry a cell phone charger in my vehicle and make sure to be in cell phone reception to use my trusty iPhone to get online should I need to.

                hands"high tech, low finds"off