RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] GPS the MOVIE -- viewing night

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009

      Sounds fun!  I can microwave a mean bag of popcorn!

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        Tanya,

        I also got the movie and I asked Eric Colley about holding an event to
        share the movie with other cachers in the area. This is what he stated:

        "Let me know what kind of event you are having and we'll figure somethign out.
        Technically you're not supposed to have private screenings, but since we can't
        really stop it we'd rather just work with you on it. :-) Let me know how
        many people you might have attend an event screening and we'll try to figure
        something out to partner."

        So, careful with the wording on the cache page, so that publically breaking
        any laws. If you don't have Eric's email or phone number, contact me offline
        and I'll give them to you. Better to get him onboard with this event now.
        There were some other perks he mentioned to me relating to the above mentioned
        partnership, and we can talk about those offline too. :)

        Of course, having a bunch of people over to one's house is not really a private
        screening, but making it public that the movie will be shown somewhere for free
        is what I think crosses the line?

        Either way, it does sound like a great idea. I am going to be watching the movie
        tonight!

        -paul
        HiDude_98

        ---- Tanya Phillips <tanyamp@...> wrote:
        > Hey Julie suggested i throw an event to view the movie.
        > Bernsa wants an event while they are here in town.
        >
        > Anybody up for an event April 17th (friday night) to view the movie?
        >
        > I can do it at my house, or we can go somewhere else????
        >
        > 7pm-ish?
        > potluck snacks and drinks?
        >
        > let me know!!!!
        >
        > tanya
        > aka: gadget girl

      • redfood737
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
          Put in the event! I just booked tickets.

          Coming into town Lunch time Thu Apr 16.

          Thinking of this as an itinerary
          Caching Barton Creek following a Rudy's Lunch (South Austin) Thu
          Pedernales Falls cleanup for me (Fri) EVENT?!?!
          Inks Lake paddle/cache with friends(Sat or Sun)
          Copperas Cove/Killeen Caching with friends(Sat or Sun)
          Pace Bend? (Mon)
          Travel home tuesday

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <palbers@...> wrote:

          > Tanya,
          >
          > I also got the movie and I asked Eric Colley about holding an event to
          > share the movie with other cachers in the area. This is what he stated:
          >
          > "Let me know what kind of event you are having and we'll figure somethign out.
          > Technically you're not supposed to have private screenings, but since we can't
          > really stop it we'd rather just work with you on it. :-) Let me know how
          > many people you might have attend an event screening and we'll try to figure
          > something out to partner."
          >
          > So, careful with the wording on the cache page, so that publically breaking
          > any laws. If you don't have Eric's email or phone number, contact me offline
          > and I'll give them to you. Better to get him onboard with this event now.
          > There were some other perks he mentioned to me relating to the above mentioned
          > partnership, and we can talk about those offline too. :)
          >
          > Of course, having a bunch of people over to one's house is not really a private
          > screening, but making it public that the movie will be shown somewhere for free
          > is what I think crosses the line?
          >
          > Either way, it does sound like a great idea. I am going to be watching the movie
          > tonight!
          >
          > -paul
          > HiDude_98
          >
          > ---- Tanya Phillips <tanyamp@...> wrote:
          > > Hey Julie suggested i throw an event to view the movie.
          > > Bernsa wants an event while they are here in town.
          > >
          > > Anybody up for an event April 17th (friday night) to view the movie?
          > >
          > > I can do it at my house, or we can go somewhere else????
          > >
          > > 7pm-ish?
          > > potluck snacks and drinks?
          > >
          > > let me know!!!!
          > >
          > > tanya
          > > aka: gadget girl

        • Cheryl
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2009
            Other then online, where you can buy the movie?

            Cheryl/CADrake