Re: Suggestions for a Thurs/Fri night meet & greet event

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 9:28 AM
      I could put something together at my place for a VIEWING of GPS the MOVIE!!!!

      Should i create an event????

      Need to know ASAP!!!!!

      FRIDAY NIGHT APRIL 17th --MY HOUSE, unless we can think of a better location??? I already bought the movie, i have it!

      Tanya aka: Gadget Girl

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "redfood737" <bernsa@...> wrote:

      > Trying to throw something together for Apr 16, Apr 17, or Apr 20
      >
      > Thoughts?
      >
      > "Bernsa meet and greet - 1 year caching anniversary"
      > "Central Jersey Invades Central Texas" (GC1NJTX)
      >
      > I'm on the verge of booking my travel in the next 48 hours.
      >
      > I'm a fan of Rudy's but I know that doesnt work on a Fri night.
      >
      > Looks Like i've got a quorum for my plans to paddle Inks Lane on that weekend with some work friends.
      >
      > bernsa

    • Doc
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 11:24 AM
        LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.

        I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....

        Barry

        I could put something together at my place for a VIEWING of GPS the MOVIE!!!!

        Should i create an event????

        Need to know ASAP!!!!!

        FRIDAY NIGHT APRIL 17th --MY HOUSE, unless we can think of a better location??? I already bought the movie, i have it!

        Tanya aka: Gadget Girl

        --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "redfood737" <bernsa@...> wrote:

        > Trying to throw something together for Apr 16, Apr 17, or Apr 20
        >
        > Thoughts?
        >
        > "Bernsa meet and greet - 1 year caching anniversary"
        > "Central Jersey Invades Central Texas" (GC1NJTX)
        >
        > I'm on the verge of booking my travel in the next 48 hours.
        >
        > I'm a fan of Rudy's but I know that doesnt work on a Fri night.
        >
        > Looks Like i've got a quorum for my plans to paddle Inks Lane on that weekend with some work friends.
        >
        > bernsa

      • Doc
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 11:29 AM
          I didn't even read your email completely.  You do have it!  So I assume you've watched it...  not giving anything away, how'd you like it?

          Barry

          I could put something together at my place for a VIEWING of GPS the MOVIE!!!!

          Should i create an event????

          Need to know ASAP!!!!!

          FRIDAY NIGHT APRIL 17th --MY HOUSE, unless we can think of a better location??? I already bought the movie, i have it!

          Tanya aka: Gadget Girl

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "redfood737" <bernsa@...> wrote:

          > Trying to throw something together for Apr 16, Apr 17, or Apr 20
          >
          > Thoughts?
          >
          > "Bernsa meet and greet - 1 year caching anniversary"
          > "Central Jersey Invades Central Texas" (GC1NJTX)
          >
          > I'm on the verge of booking my travel in the next 48 hours.
          >
          > I'm a fan of Rudy's but I know that doesnt work on a Fri night.
          >
          > Looks Like i've got a quorum for my plans to paddle Inks Lane on that weekend with some work friends.
          >
          > bernsa

        • redfood737
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 12:55 PM
            It's very funny because I was thinking of hosting a GPS The Movie screaning event in my apt complex - it has a private screening room where I can host like 25 people or so. Not real helpful to y'all but I'd still come out... I'll know for sure in the next 24 hours if I'm coming - but it's leaning 70% favorable.

            YAY DOUBLE Elite Qualification Miles!

            bernsa

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...> wrote:

            > LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.
            >
            > I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....
            >

            > Barry
            >
            > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
            > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
            > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
            > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

          • Cybercat
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 1:20 PM
              It "wasn't actuallly about geocaching"? Then what is it about?  I must be missing something here..............????
              It's very funny because I was thinking of hosting a GPS The Movie screaning event in my apt complex - it has a private screening room where I can host like 25 people or so. Not real helpful to y'all but I'd still come out... I'll know for sure in the next 24 hours if I'm coming - but it's leaning 70% favorable.

              YAY DOUBLE Elite Qualification Miles!

              bernsa

              --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Doc <bcwatson@.. .> wrote:

              > LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.
              >
              > I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....
              >

              > Barry
              >
              > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
              > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
              > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
              > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

              Checked by AVG.
            • Doc
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1 4:12 PM
                It's people playing a GPS game that does take them outdoors and stuff.  They get quests after entering a puzzle code online (kind of like the gps game some of us were playing).  But as they go after it, the encounter trouble....

                Barry

                It "wasn't actuallly about geocaching"? Then what is it about?  I must be missing something here........ ......??? ?
                It's very funny because I was thinking of hosting a GPS The Movie screaning event in my apt complex - it has a private screening room where I can host like 25 people or so. Not real helpful to y'all but I'd still come out... I'll know for sure in the next 24 hours if I'm coming - but it's leaning 70% favorable.

                YAY DOUBLE Elite Qualification Miles!

                bernsa

                --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, Doc <bcwatson@.. .> wrote:

                > LOL!!!   I was going to do the same thing Tanya!  I guess you have it also?  Have you watched it yet?  I thought it was fairly decent. While it wasn't actually about geocaching, many of us can relate to a lot of what happens in the movie!   We most definitely need an event where we can play the movie on the largest screen available.
                >
                > I wonder if anyone in our geocaching community in the area has a home theater with a large screen tv.....   or even a good quality digital video projector would work....
                >

                > Barry
                >
                > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
                > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
                > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
                > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

                Checked by AVG.

              • manny jimenez
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 1 4:42 PM
                  You mean they go after a puzzle cache without trying to solve it first, and then when they get to the cache they try to phone a friend but their cell phone dies?

                  hands"oops, did I give away some of the plot?"off
                  Manny

                • Doc
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1 6:00 PM
                    hmmm....  sounds like you have first hand experience with that...
                    and no...  that's not the plot...   lol....
                    Barry

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 1 6:27 PM
                      That would explain why I have low numbers of found puzzle caches.  I have found out to also carry a cell phone charger in my vehicle and make sure to be in cell phone reception to use my trusty iPhone to get online should I need to.

                      hands"high tech, low finds"off