Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Fwd: I'm so PROUD, I'm gonna CRY!

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      That wouyld be Trey, who is the casual cache hider extraoridinaire and technodude for the competitive team . . .

      From: Mrs. Captain Picard <mrscaptainpicard@ gmail.com>
      Date: Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:37 PM
      Subject: I'm so PROUD, I'm gonna CRY!
      To: Central Texas Geocachers <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>, "doubleagents@ satx.rr.com" <doubleagents@ satx.rr.com>

      Friends,
      I just got home from an amazing weekend in Fredericksburg with my two teams of volunteers who are working on the games for the Texas Challenge.  The bulk of the work has now been done, and it's more clear that ever that it's going to be a terrific weekend.

      I want to recognize my team members for all the work they've put in to make this event memorable.

      My Casual Team has BLOWN ME AWAY with their creativity!  We had a "show and tell" around the supper table Friday night where we previewed the containers that we'd put in place on Saturday, and I can't say enough about how creative and clever everyone was.  Really, I choked up as I thanked them all.  They are:

      ACClanman and Droid81, Melanie and Andrew (the scenic countryside caches, this team can find a cemetery!)
      Soulcachers, John and Shery (they'll WOW you at the wineries!)
      Jan and The Man, Jan and Ron (locals know ALL the best roads, and they won't disappoint you!)
      The Outlaw, Moosiegirl and TreyB, Wayne, Candy and Trey (YOU try carrying ammo cans to the back of ERock!  It's a huge effort and we all reap the reward!)
      HuggyBearFBG, Luther and Janet - (His hometown pride shines through!  They worked on the country schoolhouse caches.)
      KangaDrew, Drew (cache container maker extraordinaire, he made several incredible containers for Luther.  His beer stein will make your jaw drop!)
      And then there's my prize patrol of countless others who will be named in the donor handout in the goodie bag.  The prizes are the icing on the big, yummy cake!

      The casual caching will be great, and it's because these people spent many weekends out in FBG planning and preparing caches for YOU!

      Then, I have a dedicated team of Competitive Game workers, many who have never missed a meeting or failed to provide input to help make this game successful.  We spent the day Saturday taking waypoints and came up with about 3 times as many cool spots we can ever possibly use.  It's really hard work, but they keep hiking!  If you find yourself in a spot that takes your breath away during the competition, it's because THEY found it for you!  They are:

      Waterweasel and Tygress, Russ and Barb (home command)
      grnberet2b, Nathaniel (field command)
      FG3, Torgny (owns Freshman Mountain!)
      IMAPYLET, Bob (claimed Flag Pole Hill for all geo-kind)
      FoxfireX and Kitara, Roger and Deanna, (part devious mastermind, part mountain goat, Turkey Peak is theirs!)

      You will LOVE their tour de ERock!

      Two weeks to show time, gang.  We'll be ready for you all to come and reap the rewards of our hard work.  Thanks to my wonderful, wonderful team members.

      I'm so PROUD, I'm ALREADY crying!

      Love you all,