Re: Bastrop State Park on FIRE!

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      It seems to me that none of the geocaches may have been lost. I
      have uploaded the photos that I took this morning to my flickr
      account and they can be seen here:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50971836@N00/sets/72157614631298354/

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...>
      wrote:

      > I had dinner in Bastrop this evening on my way home.  As I was
      finishing my meal some firefighters walked in to eat.  I chatted with
      them.  The fire stayed south of Park Rd 1-C.
      > Park Map
      > I drove through the park and along 1-C until I reached the back
      roads that I could take me north to my home and didn't see anyone or
      any sign of the fire...

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        wow ... and yikes

        thanks, Barry

        On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 23:00:54 -0000 "Barry" <bcwatson@...> writes:
        > It seems to me that none of the geocaches may have been lost. I
        > have uploaded the photos that I took this morning to my flickr
        > account and they can be seen here:
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/50971836@N00/sets/72157614631298354/
        >
        > Barry
        > aka Doc Geo
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I had dinner in Bastrop this evening on my way home. As I was
        > finishing my meal some firefighters walked in to eat. I chatted
        > with
        > them. The fire stayed south of Park Rd 1-C.
        > > Park Map
        > > I drove through the park and along 1-C until I reached the back
        > roads that I could take me north to my home and didn't see anyone or
        >
        > any sign of the fire...
        > >
        > > At least it was contained to the southeastern portion of the
        > park.
        > > I guess we'll have to wait to see which of the caches in that area
        >
        > might have been lost....
        > > Someone on my commuter bus had to evacuate her home.
        > >
        > > Barry
        > >
        > > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid
        >
        > him.
        > > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach
        > him.
        > > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
        > > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

        Looking for insurance? Compare and save today. Click here.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTInoLkHRJSHx2PD3MYmfxtpNotdwV2IJ5NQF88I2RvIKe4iqLw7Gw/
      • Barry
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2009
          Amazing! Map showing the area affected by the recent wildfire in Bastrop. According to the KML file from geocaching.com as shown on Google Earth, no caches were lost! But such a large area was!
          http://home.kxan.com/images/wilderness_ridge_map.jpg
          Barry
          aka Doc Geo