Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Tips for Hiding Caches

  • lowell.dennis@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 27, 2009
      Seems a shame that they are no longer allowed, but I can't think of a more appropriate place for a virtual cache than a computer museum :-)

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Phil
      Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:15:39 -0600
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Tips for Hiding Caches

      It's normally open 9am - 3pm weekdays.  Enter through the Computer Works store next door.  I'm usually there (in the back) Mon/Wed/Fri from about noon until 3:00, so if you show up then, ask the guys in the store to fetch me out and I'll give you a personal tour.  The address is 1015 Norwood Park Blvd.

      Phil

      On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:06 PM, Doc wrote:

      Phil,
      When is this museum open?  I'd love to come take a look and remember...
      Barry

      From: palbers@austin. rr.com <palbers@austin. rr.com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 10:05 AM

      What if I spent a great deal of my time on the 300baud iRC channel back
      in the day, and when I wasn't on it I was trolling the BBS for new
      programs to try out?

      -paul
      HiDude_98

      ---- electric_water_ boy <electric_water_ boy@yahoo. com> wrote:
      > WAY back when I was an Assistant SYSOP on the TARDIS. I remember
      > when we sped the thing up from 300 baud to 1,200. If you have the
      > slightest clue what I'm talking about you're not just a geeky nerd,
      > you're an OLD geeky nerd!

    • Cheryl
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 28, 2009
        Thought I would put in a comment.
        I don't know what modem speed it was, but my dad used to bring home a
        dumb terminal and a modem when I was a LITTLE kid so we could dial
        into the computers at Bell Laps in New Jersey. the only game we
        could play was sort of like Master Mind where it would pick a number
        and you had to try to guess the number in a give number of tries. It
        was not much at the time but it is what started me in computers.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "CMikeDavis"
        <miked@...> wrote:

        > I know exactly what you are talking about. My first modem was a
        110/300.

        > Dow Jones News was all I had to dial in to.
        >
        > Cmiked
        > Mike Davis
        >

        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lee Dedear
        <ldedear@> wrote:

        > > I didn't get into BBSs until I started working in 1983, here in
        Austin. I was a regular on the Texas Leprechaun, dialing in from an
        HP printing terminal... a honkin' BIG one. We used to meet for "Lep
        lunches" at Milto's Pizza or somewhere else around UT. Man in a White
        Car... those were the days.