Tips for Hiding Caches

  • mrs.browning
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 24, 2009
      Hello! This is browningfamily. I met many of you at Geekfest. I am so
      happy to be paperless now (woop!woop!). I am wondering if you all have
      tips for hiding caches. More specifically asking permission. I am a
      pretty shy person, but I did muster up the courage to ask permission
      to hide a cache on the property of my favorite privately-owned coffee
      shop. He seemed really receptive, but what about parks, malls, other
      places like that. It seems like everything must be owned by someone,
      so how do we know where to hide, where to stay away from, and when to
      just go for it? Really.
    • Cheryl
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 28, 2009
        Thought I would put in a comment.
        I don't know what modem speed it was, but my dad used to bring home a
        dumb terminal and a modem when I was a LITTLE kid so we could dial
        into the computers at Bell Laps in New Jersey. the only game we
        could play was sort of like Master Mind where it would pick a number
        and you had to try to guess the number in a give number of tries. It
        was not much at the time but it is what started me in computers.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "CMikeDavis"
        <miked@...> wrote:

        > I know exactly what you are talking about. My first modem was a
        110/300.

        > Dow Jones News was all I had to dial in to.
        >
        > Cmiked
        > Mike Davis
        >

        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lee Dedear
        <ldedear@> wrote:

        > > I didn't get into BBSs until I started working in 1983, here in
        Austin. I was a regular on the Texas Leprechaun, dialing in from an
        HP printing terminal... a honkin' BIG one. We used to meet for "Lep
        lunches" at Milto's Pizza or somewhere else around UT. Man in a White
        Car... those were the days.