Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Geekfest - Feb 21 2009

  • Dominic J. Eidson
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
      I have done a number of automations to the gc.com website, but am loath to
      share these, lest I get in trouble for it...

      They are mostly python scripts, using www/mechanize.

      I am able to discuss specifics, if you're interested, though.

      - d.

      On Sat, 14 Feb 2009, Mike wrote:

      > There's no way to automate that page directly unless GC offered some
      > kind of API. However you can export a batch of logs from GSAK as a
      > field note file into GC.com.
      >
      > You still have to click through the logs but all the fields are filled
      > in ready to go. No pasting required.
      >
      > Mike
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Oh, I know the macro exists (PPC BTW), but the one time I used it,
      > it would bring up the geocache's login page and I'd have to select the
      > type of log entry, and then select the log text box and then paste the
      > log entry in and submit it.  Then I have to tell the macro to bring up
      > the next page.   I'd like to know if someone has found a way to
      > automate the entire process yet.  And if so, how to do "that"....

      Dominic J. Eidson
      "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
      http://www.dominiceidson.com/