Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Missing custom waypoint symbols in MapSource

  • Lee Dedear
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2009
      That didn't work for me, but it gave me another idea about searching for the answer (include the word "bug"!). I found this on the Groundspeak forums at http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/lofiversion/index.php?t212175.html and it fixed the problem.

      "I've checked with a file monitor. It first checks the directory for existance (My Documents\My Garmin), but then it reads the icons from c:\garmin, so it looks like a bug (feature?) somewhere"

      Well, indeed - the individual .bmp files must be in the c:\Garmin directory (and not a sub-folder) for custom waypoint symbols to work. Thanks for the tip.

      --Lee

      "Suchmann"