WOW Paperless caching on 60CSx???

  • Maria "theJump"
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2009
      Hey there,

      So I noticed this on the GSAK forums ... now that it can create POI files directly from there, it seems that it is possible to take cache descriptions, hints, and logs with you even on any GPSr that handles POI files ... check it out

      http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8932

      -Maria

    • Steve & Trish DeFau
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
        I have been using this for a few months now and it really comes in
        handy. Most of the time we simply head out to find a cache without
        any idea what we are looking for. When we get to GX and can't find
        it, I would have to go to my phone to look up the info. It is really
        handy to have it in the GPSr. I had to tailor it a little after the
        first load because it was simply more info than I needed but after a
        little tweaking it works great.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Maria \"theJump\""
        <thejump@...> wrote:

        > Hey there,
        >
        > So I noticed this on the GSAK forums ... now that it can create POI
        files
        > directly from there, it seems that it is possible to take cache
        > descriptions, hints, and logs with you even on any GPSr that
        handles POI
        > files ... check it out
        >
        > http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=8932
        >
        > -Maria

      • Barbara Dukette
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
          Thanks for the info Maria!  That's some good stuff to know.  I wonder if this will be covered at the Geekfest?

          Barbara  (GiGi and JoJo)

          <thejump@... > wrote:

          > Hey there,
          >
          > So I noticed this on the GSAK forums ... now that it can create POI
          files
          > directly from there, it seems that it is possible to take cache
          > descriptions, hints, and logs with you even on any GPSr that
          handles POI
          > files ... check it out
          >
          > http://gsak. net/board/ index.php? showtopic= 8932
          >
          > -Maria

        • daisybones11
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2009
            first off- i apologize for the blank email to the group- i hit the
            wrong button. i have tried the poi loader for my 60csx. it is somewhat
            useful. i have not been successful at viewing the short or long
            description of the cache but i can see the hint- if there is one. has
            anybody else had a different (ie more informative) experience?