RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] ABC Challenge - Geekfest

  • LSR
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
      Message
      Just a crazy thought how about at the challenge?  The only draw back is that it would need to be wireless for the internet service.

      Sincerely,

      Luther & Janet Rode
      Geocaching is the game,
      Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.
      You might enjoy our caches while Fredericksburg:
      From: Mike <geocaching@mikewood consulting. com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, January 3, 2009, 4:11 PM

      I've posted the GSAK macro on the Yahoo forum as Dick suggested. (Note
      that it requires GSAK V7.5 - currently released as beta but very stable)

      Mike

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "Dick Young"
      <rtyoungster@ ...> wrote:

      > Our resident GSAK Guru wrote this note regarding the ABC Challenge:
      > 'I've put together a quick GSAK macro which will check your 'Found'
      > database for finds that meet the requirements of your new ABC cache.
      > It requires GSAK 7.5 as it uses the new County field. (SQLite makes it
      > run really quickly! :-))
      > Mike
      > Lignumaqua'
      >
      > It does work very quickly!
      >
      > Mike, will you post the macro in our Yahoo file section or on the GSAK
      > Macro Forum?
      > Thanks for a great tool.
      > Cache on,
      > Blizzard
      > AKA Dick Young

    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009

        Hi Bart,

        It’s actually a geocache that you can log after you meet the “challenge” requirements.  See GC1K92Y for details.  There are all sorts of challenges (not to be mistaken for the Texas Challenge, which is an event), like the county challenge (find a cache in each Texas county), the fizzy challenge (find each of the 81 different diff/terr cominbinations), the Delorme Challenge (find a cache on each page of the Delorme map book for Texas.  The ABC challenge requires you to find a cache that starts with each letter of the alphabet within a limited geographical area.

        Have fun!

        I'm new to the list. Where can I find the details on the ABC Challenge?

        Thanks

        Bart

        href="mailto:bjdukette%40yahoo.com">bjdukette@...>

      • jestrrrulz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
          There are many places around Austin where we could find Free Internet access such as: Schlotsky's,  Spiderhouse Coffee, Freebirds, etc. I'm fortunate to have broadband wireless for work purposes but it can only use it on my laptop.

          Jeri/JestrRulz