Central Texas ABC Challenge

  • Dick Young
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2009
      Our resident GSAK Guru wrote this note regarding the ABC Challenge:
      'I've put together a quick GSAK macro which will check your 'Found'
      database for finds that meet the requirements of your new ABC cache.
      It requires GSAK 7.5 as it uses the new County field. (SQLite makes it
      run really quickly! :-))
      Mike
      Lignumaqua'

      It does work very quickly!

      Mike, will you post the macro in our Yahoo file section or on the GSAK
      Macro Forum?
      Thanks for a great tool.
      Cache on,
      Blizzard
      AKA Dick Young
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2009
        I've posted the GSAK macro on the Yahoo forum as Dick suggested. (Note
        that it requires GSAK V7.5 - currently released as beta but very stable)

        Mike

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Dick Young"
        <rtyoungster@...> wrote:

        > Our resident GSAK Guru wrote this note regarding the ABC Challenge:
        > 'I've put together a quick GSAK macro which will check your 'Found'
        > database for finds that meet the requirements of your new ABC cache.
        > It requires GSAK 7.5 as it uses the new County field. (SQLite makes it
        > run really quickly! :-))
        > Mike
        > Lignumaqua'
        >
        > It does work very quickly!
        >
        > Mike, will you post the macro in our Yahoo file section or on the GSAK
        > Macro Forum?
        > Thanks for a great tool.
        > Cache on,
        > Blizzard
        > AKA Dick Young

      • Barbara Dukette
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
          Mike,

          Would you come over to my house and show me how to install the macro (read: install it for me?)?  I've just plain given up on the county one - I'm just missing that brain cell that allows me to comprehend the whole "macro" bit.

          Maybe sometime this week or next weekend?  I'll buy you lunch/dinner/coffee!

          Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

          <rtyoungster@ ...> wrote:

          > Our resident GSAK Guru wrote this note regarding the ABC Challenge:
          > 'I've put together a quick GSAK macro which will check your 'Found'
          > database for finds that meet the requirements of your new ABC cache.
          > It requires GSAK 7.5 as it uses the new County field. (SQLite makes it
          > run really quickly! :-))
          > Mike
          > Lignumaqua'
          >
          > It does work very quickly!
          >
          > Mike, will you post the macro in our Yahoo file section or on the GSAK
          > Macro Forum?
          > Thanks for a great tool.
          > Cache on,
          > Blizzard
          > AKA Dick Young

        • Julie Perrine
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009

            Candy,

            I’m sure other people have this same question.  Do you think we could get a Geekfest going in the near future?  The people DEMAND IT!

            I need someone to show me AGAIN how to do polygram filters in GSAK.  And I can show everyone the trick that pull images into offline GSAK files!

            Cheers,

            Julie

            <rtyoungster@ ...> wrote:

            > Our resident GSAK Guru wrote this note regarding the ABC Challenge:
            > 'I've put together a quick GSAK macro which will check your 'Found'
            > database for finds that meet the requirements of your new ABC cache.
            > It requires GSAK 7.5 as it uses the new County field. (SQLite makes it
            > run really quickly! :-))
            > Mike
            > Lignumaqua'
            >
            > It does work very quickly!
            >
            > Mike, will you post the macro in our Yahoo file section or on the GSAK
            > Macro Forum?
            > Thanks for a great tool.
            > Cache on,
            > Blizzard
            > AKA Dick Young

          • Alex Alexander
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
              Look out for Q, X and Z caches appearing in Georgetown quite soon. I
              know they are on someone's "list"

              a.

              On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Barbara Dukette <bjdukette@...> wrote:
              > Mike,
              >
              > Would you come over to my house and show me how to install the macro (read:
              > install it for me?)? I've just plain given up on the county one - I'm just
              > missing that brain cell that allows me to comprehend the whole "macro" bit.
              >
              > Maybe sometime this week or next weekend? I'll buy you lunch/dinner/coffee!
              >
              > Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

            • Bart Crider
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
                I'm new to the list. Where can I find the details on the ABC Challenge?

                Thanks

                Bart

                > Look out for Q, X and Z caches appearing in Georgetown quite soon. I
                > know they are on someone's "list"
                >
                > a.
                >

                > On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Barbara Dukette <bjdukette@...>
                > wrote:
                >> Mike,
                >>
                >> Would you come over to my house and show me how to install the macro
                >> (read:
                >> install it for me?)? I've just plain given up on the county one - I'm
                >> just
                >> missing that brain cell that allows me to comprehend the whole "macro"
                >> bit.
                >>
                >> Maybe sometime this week or next weekend? I'll buy you
                >> lunch/dinner/coffee!
                >>
                >> Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

              • LSR
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
                  Message
                  Just a crazy thought how about at the challenge?  The only draw back is that it would need to be wireless for the internet service.

                  Sincerely,

                  Luther & Janet Rode
                  Geocaching is the game,
                  Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.
                  You might enjoy our caches while Fredericksburg:

                  <rtyoungster@ ...> wrote:

                  > Our resident GSAK Guru wrote this note regarding the ABC Challenge:
                  > 'I've put together a quick GSAK macro which will check your 'Found'
                  > database for finds that meet the requirements of your new ABC cache.
                  > It requires GSAK 7.5 as it uses the new County field. (SQLite makes it
                  > run really quickly! :-))
                  > Mike
                  > Lignumaqua'
                  >
                  > It does work very quickly!
                  >
                  > Mike, will you post the macro in our Yahoo file section or on the GSAK
                  > Macro Forum?
                  > Thanks for a great tool.
                  > Cache on,
                  > Blizzard
                  > AKA Dick Young

                • Julie Perrine
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009

                    Hi Bart,

                    It’s actually a geocache that you can log after you meet the “challenge” requirements.  See GC1K92Y for details.  There are all sorts of challenges (not to be mistaken for the Texas Challenge, which is an event), like the county challenge (find a cache in each Texas county), the fizzy challenge (find each of the 81 different diff/terr cominbinations), the Delorme Challenge (find a cache on each page of the Delorme map book for Texas.  The ABC challenge requires you to find a cache that starts with each letter of the alphabet within a limited geographical area.

                    Have fun!

                    href="mailto:bjdukette%40yahoo.com">bjdukette@...>

                  • jestrrrulz@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2009
                      There are many places around Austin where we could find Free Internet access such as: Schlotsky's,  Spiderhouse Coffee, Freebirds, etc. I'm fortunate to have broadband wireless for work purposes but it can only use it on my laptop.

                      Jeri/JestrRulz