Re: Happy New Year

  • Priscilla Davis
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 1, 2009
      Happy New Years to all and to those I met last night thank you for
      making me feel welcomed. My husband who was with me last night has
      joined in and now goes as pineworker. He might as well get credit
      since he does the driving - thanks to all.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
      <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

      > =chuckle=
      > Thanks, Ken....
      > Back atcha!
      >
      > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:09:29 -0800 (PST) Joe King <joe_king_tx@...>
      > writes:
      >

      > WOW here it is all ready 2009.
      > Seems like just yesterday it was 2008
      >
      > HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
      >
      > Ken/joeking
      >

      > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      > We understand and believe vastly more than we know. --Blaise Pascal

      > Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
      > Shop now at http://offers.juno.com/TGL1141/?
      u=http://www.ftd.com/17007

    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 1, 2009

        Well, thank GOODNESS we won’t have to call your husband Mr. PrissyD.  I was a little concerned!

        If there are cachers out there who want to come to an event but think they’re just for people who already know each other, you’ll be surprised at how fast we assimilate you into the group!  PLEASE come!  And it’s more fun playing with people you know.

        Happy New Year!

        <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

        > =chuckle=
        > Thanks, Ken....
        > Back atcha!
        >
        > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:09:29 -0800 (PST) Joe King <joe_king_tx@...>
        > writes:
        >

        > WOW here it is all ready 2009.
        > Seems like just yesterday it was 2008
        >
        > HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
        >
        > Ken/joeking
        >

        > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        > We understand and believe vastly more than we know. --Blaise Pascal

        > Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
        > Shop now at http://offers.juno.com/TGL1141/?
        u=http://www.ftd.com/17007

      • james lillian
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2009
          very true...a bunch of nice people.....jimboats

          <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

          > =chuckle=
          > Thanks, Ken....
          > Back atcha!
          >
          > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:09:29 -0800 (PST) Joe King <joe_king_tx@ ...>
          > writes:
          >

          > WOW here it is all ready 2009.
          > Seems like just yesterday it was 2008
          >
          > HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
          >
          > Ken/joeking
          >

          > @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
          > We understand and believe vastly more than we know. --Blaise Pascal

          > Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
          > Shop now at http://offers. juno.com/ TGL1141/?
          u=http://www.ftd. com/17007

        • Nancy Lee
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 2, 2009
            Happy New Year to All.  I just made my first geocache out of state!  California!  Thanks to my cuz!
            Nanblocker

            <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

            > =chuckle=
            > Thanks, Ken....
            > Back atcha!
            >
            > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:09:29 -0800 (PST) Joe King <joe_king_tx@ ...>
            > writes:
            >

            > WOW here it is all ready 2009.
            > Seems like just yesterday it was 2008
            >
            > HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
            >
            > Ken/joeking
            >

            > @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
            > We understand and believe vastly more than we know. --Blaise Pascal

            > Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
            > Shop now at http://offers. juno.com/ TGL1141/?
            u=http://www.ftd. com/17007

            very true...a bunch of nice people.....jimboats

            Well, thank GOODNESS we won’t have to call your husband Mr. PrissyD.  I was a little concerned!

            If there are cachers out there who want to come to an event but think they’re just for people who already know each other, you’ll be surprised at how fast we assimilate you into the group!  PLEASE come!  And it’s more fun playing with people you know.

          • Pam Tobias
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 2, 2009
              Mr. pblt doesn't see the issue.

              :-)

              Sorry I missed the NY event.  Sounds like a great time was had by all.

              Pam/pblt

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 3, 2009

                Hey Nan,

                That’s exciting about  your California cache!  How are you doing since your husband passed?

                Cheers,

                <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

                > =chuckle=
                > Thanks, Ken....
                > Back atcha!
                >
                > On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 08:09:29 -0800 (PST) Joe King <joe_king_tx@
                ...>
                > writes:
                >

                > WOW here it is all ready 2009.
                > Seems like just yesterday it was 2008
                >
                > HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
                >
                > Ken/joeking
                >

                > @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
                > We understand and believe vastly more than we know. --Blaise Pascal

                > Save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
                > Shop now at http://offers.
                juno.com/ TGL1141/?
                u=http://www.ftd. com/17007

              • Nancy Lee
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 3, 2009
                  Family and friends have helped a lot by not giving me time to think.  I'm so worn out from California.  Thanks for asking.
                  Nancy

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 3, 2009

                    “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on
                    them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is
                    New Year's Day.”
                    Edith Lovejoy Pierce (Poet b.1904)

                    Be your own boss! Buy the business of your dreams.
                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2THyt3x97bvo9R73cCOsDIAtTQcB59xexlfYNdtmo3rsoXo/
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 3, 2009
                      Be patient with yourself -- it's in the quiet times, after the initial
                      surreal, that ... well.
                      I can put you in touch with some widow's groups, when/if you're
                      ready/interested. It doesn't completely protect you from the inane
                      comment, but often helps to be amongst those with a first-hand
                      understanding.

                      Meanwhile, even if I'm not always quick to say (I'm a pushy broad, but
                      *try* not to run folks over) -- you ARE in thoughts and prayers.

                      BarbJ/Tygress

                      On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 07:04:48 -0800 (PST) Nancy Lee <nanblocker@...>
                      writes:
                      Family and friends have helped a lot by not giving me time to think. I'm
                      so worn out from California. Thanks for asking.
                      Nancy

                      That?s exciting about your California cache! How are you doing since
                      your husband passed?
                      Cheers,
                      Fast Domain Registration. Click here
                      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2XOfiy31lYY0NFdXQsWPK6irLh0AaoIfPYrRhGnKfnUqf70/
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 1, 2011
                        The old year has ebbed away
                        Sparking with skyrockets into the night
                        Hoping the promise of this New Year's Day
                        Brings to us all blessings and delight

                        Happy New Year, y'all!

                        Refinance Rates at 2.8%
                        $160,000 Mortgage $434/mo. No Hidden Fees- 3.1% APR! Get a Free Quote
                        Mortgage.LendGo.com
                      • Mrs. Captain Picard
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 1, 2011

                          Footnotes coach and I rang in the New Year with the Houston gang camping at Brazos Bend SP.  What an awesome way to start the year among friends, nature and caches.  Our resolution this year is to go lots of new places.  Happy New Year, everyone!
                          Julie and Roger
                          Mrs. Captain Picard

                          On Jan 1, 2011 8:25 AM, "gumbietygress@..." <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

                          The old year has ebbed away
                          Sparking with skyrockets into the night
                          Hoping the promise of this New Year's Day
                          Brings to us all blessings and delight

                          Happy New Year, y'all!

                          Refinance Rates at 2.8%
                          $160,000 Mortgage $434/mo. No Hidden Fees- 3.1% APR! Get a Free Quote
                          Mortgage.LendGo.com
                        • Dave Marquardt