FTF here?

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
      Would you go for a FTF here? Would go if you weren't? I think I
      would. No idea where this is, but my guess is that's somewhere with
      some historical value because the place hasn't been repaired, but
      cables added.

      http://break.com/index/scariest-hiking-trail-in-world.html
    • Nancy Lee
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
        Those guys are crazy.  How do you cross that trail on just the pipe?  Crawl?
        Nanblocker

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
          You either:

          1. Put one foot in front of the other with one hand on the wall
          (appears he did this at least once in the video).

          or

          2. Turn sideways and have both hands on the wall and move your feet
          side to side. Slower, but much safer this way.

          Besides, many of the places you have a harness so you aren't going to
          fall far (if all works correctly...)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Lee
          <nanblocker@...> wrote:

          > Those guys are crazy.  How do you cross that trail on just the
          pipe?  Crawl?
          > Nanblocker
          >
          > --- On Fri, 12/26/08, electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...>
          wrote:

          > From: electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...>
          > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] FTF here?
          > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 6:29 PM
          >

          > Would you go for a FTF here? Would go if you weren't? I think I
          > would. No idea where this is, but my guess is that's somewhere with
          > some historical value because the place hasn't been repaired, but
          > cables added.
          >
          > http://break. com/index/ scariest- hiking-trail- in-world. html

        • Deafdillos
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
            This trail, /El/ Chorro is near Álora in Málaga, Spain.

            electric_water_boy wrote:

            > You either:
            >
            > 1. Put one foot in front of the other with one hand on the wall
            > (appears he did this at least once in the video).
            >
            > or
            >
            > 2. Turn sideways and have both hands on the wall and move your feet
            > side to side. Slower, but much safer this way.
            >
            > Besides, many of the places you have a harness so you aren't going to
            > fall far (if all works correctly...)
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>, Nancy Lee
            > <nanblocker@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Those guys are crazy. How do you cross that trail on just the
            > pipe? Crawl?
            > > Nanblocker
            > >
            > > --- On Fri, 12/26/08, electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > From: electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...>
            > > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] FTF here?
            > > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 6:29 PM
            > >

            > > Would you go for a FTF here? Would go if you weren't? I think I
            > > would. No idea where this is, but my guess is that's somewhere with
            > > some historical value because the place hasn't been repaired, but
            > > cables added.
            > >
            > > http://break. com/index/ scariest- hiking-trail- in-world. html

          • Doc
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
              OMG!!!!
              I would not do it for a cache,
              I would not do it for any amount of cash!

              I would not do it with a rope,
              I would not do it at all... nope, nope, nope!

              I would not do it on a dare,
              You think I can walk on air?

              I most definitely would not do it in the rain,
              To try it would drive me insane!

              Even if I did it with all the best gear,
              I would be frozen in absolute fear!

              I will not do it and that is that!
              Let that crazy one do it...  that cat in the hat!

              Barry

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
                Found out where this place is:

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caminito_del_Rey

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy"

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
                  Just seeing the video I would probably do it. Seeing the Wiki sight
                  and getting another perspective and some history.... Hmmmm. I'm
                  pretty stupid at times.

                  It can't be any worse than that canyon with the ragging piranah
                  infested river in it that we crossed at the Texas Challenge in
                  Mineral Wells.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Doc <bcwatson@...>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 26, 2008
                    Well, maybe...   I have a habit of putting myself in harm's way in a real bad way (I'm starting to lose count of the number of times I really could have died), but I do appear to be very lucky....
                    What am I saying?!?!?
                    Nope...   uh uh...  not going to do it... ever, never, no way....
                    lol...
                    Barry

                    wrote:

                    > OMG!!!!
                    > I would not do it for a cache,
                    > I would not do it for any amount of cash!
                    >
                    > I would not do it with a rope,
                    > I would not do it at all... nope, nope, nope!
                    >
                    > I would not do it on a dare,
                    > You think I can walk on air?
                    >
                    > I most definitely would not do it in the rain,
                    > To try it would drive me insane!
                    >
                    > Even if I did it with all the best gear,
                    > I would be frozen in absolute fear!
                    >
                    > I will not do it and that is that!
                    > Let that crazy one do it...  that cat in the hat!
                    >
                    > Barry
                    >
                    > He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid
                    him.
                    > He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach
                    him.
                    > He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
                    > He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.
                    >
                    > --- On Fri, 12/26/08, electric_water_ boy <electric_water_ boy@...>
                    wrote:

                    > From: electric_water_ boy <electric_water_ boy@...>
                    > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] FTF here?
                    > To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
                    > Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 6:29 PM
                    >

                    > Would you go for a FTF here? Would go if you weren't? I think I
                    > would. No idea where this is, but my guess is that's somewhere with
                    > some historical value because the place hasn't been repaired, but
                    > cables added.
                    >
                    > http://break. com/index/ scariest- hiking-trail- in-world. html

                  • Sean Curry
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 4, 2009