Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: State Parks

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
      The one that is in the little cave near the falls gives people trouble.
      Obviously you lose signal inside a cave.
      Go up the left arm as far as you can go, then reach out with your right
      hand.
      The cache (if it's still active) was a 35mm film can behind a rock at
      floor level.
      Still, it's fun to do.

      On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 02:06:44 -0000 "puerto_rican_jew2003"
      <puertoricanjew@...> writes:
      > We're heading up to Pedernales Falls State Park for the weekend.
      > We're
      > taking a few friends and are going to introduce them to the sport.
      > It looks like there are quite a few hides in the area so, we
      > probably
      > wont get to them all. Are there any must-sees among them?

      Paying too much credit card interest? Find low APR credit cards. Click here.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2Oq3qpO3EfuTErIDXB13VtBkzel5l1RzQr1g2gKdwoUFMAC/
    • Brent
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
        It's possible, but it's not likely something you can accomplish by
        this weekend if you haven't already done some Garmin mapmaking. Also,
        as Maria said, their maps often aren't very accurate. An easier and
        more accurate way to see the trails is to download the tracks from here:
        http://texashiking.com/Hiking/SearchResults.aspx
        Falls trail and Wolf Mountain trail are already in the gpx format, but
        the 4-mile Loop is still in the Maptech format. I can convert that one
        for you if you'd like. Just contact me by email.

        Brent

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "puerto_rican_jew2003"
        <puertoricanjew@...> wrote:

        > Looking for answer to a question from you less computer challenged
        types.

        > Is there a way to overlay the trails from the state park maps on top
        > of garmin topos in my GPSr?
        >
        > If so, what is the process or, better yet, has someone already done it
        > and do I just need to download it from somewhere?
        >
        > Puerto
        > (John)

      • Brent
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
          > http://texashiking.com/Hiking/SearchResults.aspx

          If that link doesn't bring up the 4 trails for you, perform a new
          search and search for keyword "Pedernales"

          Brent
        • Julie Perrine
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008

            If you take the Wolf Mountain Trail to get to Cycle Central Texas – Jones Springs, you’ll pass several caches on the way.  There’s a good, wide trail all the way there and it’s perfect for mountain biking!

            And help everyone out by using your name and your caching name!

            Cheers,

          • engelwaffen@suddenlink.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
              On the topic of state parks and this question is directed at Maria.  When you found Lighthouse did you travel off the top of the cliff along some kind of fence line?   A sort of way that would be far easier than the arduois climb up a rather steep scree slope?  The question i present to you would be if you have a log of the trip still on your GPS some where and could send it to me So I could find this "easier" route to Lighthouse.

              I tried about three times to get this one but I'm not real good about climbing that steep dolimite slope.

              Thanks;
              don/amishangel