Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: It happened again... with pictures

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2008
      Most rattlesnakes have a diamond pattern -- and, you're right, there are a LOT of varietals around Texas!
      I'll just be pleased it was only a little rat snake we saw out caching last weekend (http://tinyurl.com/6m28kd)
      Share the fun with the locals!
      Wheee!

      Tygress

      On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:52:29 -0000 "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> writes:
      > I'm not sure exactly what kind of rattlesnake it was - probably
      is a

      > diamondback.  I have a book somewhere that tells
      about the venomous

      > snales in Texas and where they're located
      by county,  There are a
      > bunch of different kinds of rattlesnakes
      in Texas.

      > This one didn't rattle for me.  Either he was
      too cold, not

      href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barb Jernigan
      > <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Looks like you dodged a diamond back bullet there......
      > >
      > > On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:25:20 -0800 (PST) Doc <bcwatson@...>
      > writes:
      > > Looks like a rattle snake!  Did it rattle its
      tail for you?
      > > Well, I almost stuck my hand into a hole of a
      telphone pole-sized

      > fence
      > > post once...
      > > Good thing I looked first - ugliest opossum I've ever seen (not

      that I've
      > > ever seen a pretty one...   or even an living
      one come to think
      > of
      > > it....)

      Barry

      > > He who knows not and knows not that he
      knows not is a fool; avoid

      > him.
      > > He who knows not
      and knows that he knows not is a student; teach
      > him.
      > > He
      who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
      > > He who
      knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

      <electric_water_boy@...>

      From: electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...>
      > > Subject:
      [CentralTexasGeocachers] It happened again... with
      > pictures
      > > To:
      href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      > > Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 3:33 PM
      > >

      > > Remember my fun at High Voltage (GCTDD5)? I thought it was going
      > > happen again this weekend at Dad'S LPC??? (GC1DT04). It
      did
      > happen
      > > today at Smokin' !! (GCQV86). Been darn careful
      where you stick
      > your
      > > hands. This could have been bad. It'd
      be a good idea to use a
      > > flashlight to look into a hole before you
      stick a body part in or

      > even
      > > near it. Pictures
      are on the log for Smokin' !!

      @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
      > > We understand and believe vastly
      more than we know. --Blaise
      > Pascal

      > > Click
      here for free information on nursing degrees, up to
      > $150/hour

      href="http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2bNILkjOjh9s2hqEOoap">http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2bNILkjOjh9s2hqEOoap

      MMbKNGCdGTgIcAmGfzIym42HVPs/

      > <*> Your email settings:

      Individual Email | Traditional

      > <*> To change settings
      online go to:

      (Yahoo! ID required)

      > <*> To change settings via
      email:

      href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-digest@yahoogroups.com">mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-digest@yahoogroups.com

      href="mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com">mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
      to:

      > <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
      to:

      Click here to find experienced pros to help with your home improvement project.