Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Space Shuttle View

  • Rich and Di Michelson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2008
      Wasn't that the space station?

      You can check out which visible satellites will be going over Austin (or pretty much anywhere) by going to http://www.spaceweather.com/flybys and inputting your zip code.  Notice the ISS will fly over Austin again Wednesday at 6:17pm.  Look to the WSW, it will be very bright and very high.

      We got the kids up at 5:30am last week to see the Hubble space telescope and the ISS fly over at the same time.  That was really cool.  And during the last shuttle mission, right after it separated from ISS, we were up very late to see them both fly over.  Luckily my kids are as crazy as I am and think that's cool!

      spaceweather.com also has a service to phone you when there are flybys in your area, but it costs money.  They also have a free email newsletter with neat-o information.  Your tax dollars at work!

      --Di
      dirich92

      2008/11/17 Scott Leake <sleake@...>

      I heard on the news a few minutes ago that between Venus & Jupiter (
      the two brightest visible stars) the space shuttle will be visible
      passing right between them at about 7:00pm tonight. How cool is that!

      Scott