Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Texas Challenge Prize Patrol Team

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
      Cool, Luther!  I'll try to get the rest of the team out there.  There's no reason we can't "reward" donors with a cache outside their establishment, and this would be a good time to explain what we do and how it might work for them.  Even better, if they help us place the cache uniquely, it could turn out really cool.  For example, a beer stein cache at the biergarten, etc.

      Cheers,

      On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 10:12 AM, LSR <lrode@...> wrote:

      Julie & Kevin, I am planning to get the geocachers in FBG together the week after Thanksgiving to see who is willing to help with getting prizes for the TC.  I will be going to invite the CVB & CC representatives for assistance.  I going to make this an event on Dec 6th.

      Sincerely,

      Luther & Janet Rode
      Geocaching is the game,
      Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.
      You might enjoy our caches while Fredericksburg:
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
        My Brother-in-Law owns Heart of the Cards in Kerrville and is
        willing to donate something for the Challenge maybe something to do
        with Worlds of Warcraft not sure just yet but wanted to put it out
        there.
        Cheryl (Half of Team Tracker)

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
        <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

        > Gang,
        > The casual format for this year's Texas Challenge hinges on the
        fact that
        > we're going to give away lots of prizes! That means we need some
        help
        > gathering those prizes. If you have the knack for asking for free
        stuff, or
        > have connections to businesses, especially businesses in and around
        > Fredericksburg, we could really use your help! We're looking for
        anything
        > from the $5 range all the way up to weekends at the B&B or airline
        tickets,
        > or whatever. I believe that we will be listing all donors in
        a "program"
        > of prizes that will be handed out to all attendees. For larger
        donations,
        > we can talk to KoosKoos about space on our t-shirt.
        >
        > Do you want to join the Prize Patrol? Let me know!
        > Cheers,
        > Julie

      • Mrs. Captain Picard
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
          Sounds cool, thanks!

          The other day I joined a credit union and they handed me a photo frame.  I'm saving it for the prize pool.  Everyone might search their closet for those types of items that they have but really don't need and would free up closet space if they were donated to a very good cause.......

          Cheers,