RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Texas Challenge Prize Patrol Team

  • LSR
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
      Message
      Julie & Kevin, I am planning to get the geocachers in FBG together the week after Thanksgiving to see who is willing to help with getting prizes for the TC.  I will be going to invite the CVB & CC representatives for assistance.  I going to make this an event on Dec 6th.

      Sincerely,

      Luther & Janet Rode
      Geocaching is the game,
      Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.
      You might enjoy our caches while Fredericksburg:

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
          My Brother-in-Law owns Heart of the Cards in Kerrville and is
          willing to donate something for the Challenge maybe something to do
          with Worlds of Warcraft not sure just yet but wanted to put it out
          there.
          Cheryl (Half of Team Tracker)

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
          <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

          > Gang,
          > The casual format for this year's Texas Challenge hinges on the
          fact that
          > we're going to give away lots of prizes! That means we need some
          help
          > gathering those prizes. If you have the knack for asking for free
          stuff, or
          > have connections to businesses, especially businesses in and around
          > Fredericksburg, we could really use your help! We're looking for
          anything
          > from the $5 range all the way up to weekends at the B&B or airline
          tickets,
          > or whatever. I believe that we will be listing all donors in
          a "program"
          > of prizes that will be handed out to all attendees. For larger
          donations,
          > we can talk to KoosKoos about space on our t-shirt.
          >
          > Do you want to join the Prize Patrol? Let me know!
          > Cheers,
          > Julie

        • Mrs. Captain Picard
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
            Sounds cool, thanks!

            The other day I joined a credit union and they handed me a photo frame.  I'm saving it for the prize pool.  Everyone might search their closet for those types of items that they have but really don't need and would free up closet space if they were donated to a very good cause.......

            Cheers,