Texas Challenge Prize Patrol Team

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2008
      Gang,
      The casual format for this year's Texas Challenge hinges on the fact that we're going to give away lots of prizes!  That means we need some help gathering those prizes.  If you have the knack for asking for free stuff, or have connections to businesses, especially businesses in and around Fredericksburg, we could really use your help!  We're looking for anything from the $5 range all the way up to weekends at the B&B or airline tickets, or whatever.   I believe that we will be listing all donors in a "program" of prizes that will be handed out to all attendees.  For larger donations, we can talk to KoosKoos about space on our t-shirt.

      Do you want to join the Prize Patrol?  Let me know!
      Cheers,
      Julie
    • LSR
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2008
        Message
        Julie & Kevin, I am planning to get the geocachers in FBG together the week after Thanksgiving to see who is willing to help with getting prizes for the TC.  I will be going to invite the CVB & CC representatives for assistance.  I going to make this an event on Dec 6th.

        Sincerely,

        Luther & Janet Rode
        Geocaching is the game,
        Mom & Pop "Huggy Bear Fbg" is the name.
        You might enjoy our caches while Fredericksburg:

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
            My Brother-in-Law owns Heart of the Cards in Kerrville and is
            willing to donate something for the Challenge maybe something to do
            with Worlds of Warcraft not sure just yet but wanted to put it out
            there.
            Cheryl (Half of Team Tracker)

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
            <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

            > Gang,
            > The casual format for this year's Texas Challenge hinges on the
            fact that
            > we're going to give away lots of prizes! That means we need some
            help
            > gathering those prizes. If you have the knack for asking for free
            stuff, or
            > have connections to businesses, especially businesses in and around
            > Fredericksburg, we could really use your help! We're looking for
            anything
            > from the $5 range all the way up to weekends at the B&B or airline
            tickets,
            > or whatever. I believe that we will be listing all donors in
            a "program"
            > of prizes that will be handed out to all attendees. For larger
            donations,
            > we can talk to KoosKoos about space on our t-shirt.
            >
            > Do you want to join the Prize Patrol? Let me know!
            > Cheers,
            > Julie

          • Mrs. Captain Picard
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2008
              Sounds cool, thanks!

              The other day I joined a credit union and they handed me a photo frame.  I'm saving it for the prize pool.  Everyone might search their closet for those types of items that they have but really don't need and would free up closet space if they were donated to a very good cause.......

              Cheers,