Re: TBs and GCs

  • The Man, and I'm watching you!
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 23, 2008
      I'm with you on that one.  I always try to respect the wishes of the TBs owners. I remember taking a TB that was sitting 25 miles away from my house in Georgia on a trip to Washington D.C., and put it in the cache that it needed to get to (it was competing in a multi-stage race).

       On the other side, I have experienced what happens when someone doesn't move a TB and keeps it.  My daughter's TB, was taken by someone who was travelling north towards Maryland., but she didn't drop it off anywhere.  I emailed her after a couple of months of her inactivity, and at first, she replied that she thought she had stuck it in a cache, but found it in her purse.  The cacher replied to me that she would put it in a nearby cache shortly.  A couple of weeks (like 3 or 4) go by, and I send another email, because by this point, my daughter was looking over my shoulder when I was on the geocaching website and asked where her TB was.  I haven't heard from that cacher at all, and she stopped caching after the day she picked up my daughter's TB.
        Since then, I've been reluctent to release the last TB and two geocoins that I still have in my possession.  Instead, I have the kids help me decide on caches and cache names and put those out.

      I have better things to do tonight than die!

      --Springer