wwfm 4

  • daisybones11
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 20, 2008
      it is getting down to the wire. i haven't seen any wwfm events for
      austin and i would like to put one together. is there anyone out there
      willing to help me put one together? it is nov 8, noon.
    • Mrs. Captain Picard
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 20, 2008
        Hi Amelia,
        If I were you, I'd submit an event and organize later.  You can always cancel, but once the 2-week period is passed, the opportunity is lost.  Personally, I'm over-committed, but I'm sure there are others out there who will volunteer.

        If all else fails, there's no absolute requirement that we have a MEAL and a DRAWING and a VIDEO and all the other stuff we sometimes have that takes a lot of organization.  All that really has to happen is we show up, sign a log and disburse.

        Cheers,

        On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 6:17 PM, daisybones11 <ameliatyler@...> wrote:

        it is getting down to the wire. i haven't seen any wwfm events for
        austin and i would like to put one together. is there anyone out there
        willing to help me put one together? it is nov 8, noon.

      • Candy Lind
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 22, 2008
          Amelia,
          GO FOR IT!

          I'm happy to help, and we can get a list of all the "to do" items from Soaring Eagle (Arnaud was in on the last one). Do you have an idea for a location?

          Candy
          moosiegirl

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 22, 2008
            i just submitted my wwfm4 event cache- let's see if gets approved
            before the deadline. . . .
          • Mrs. Captain Picard
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
              Cool!  Where is it going to be?

              On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:43 PM, daisybones11 <ameliatyler@...> wrote:

              i just submitted my wwfm4 event cache- let's see if gets approved
              before the deadline. . . .

            • Cheryl
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
                Okay, here is my newbie status showing. What is wwfm4?

                Cheryl/cadrake

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"

              • palbers@austin.rr.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
                  A World Wide Flash Mobs (wwfm) event. IV is the next in line and I think it is
                  scheduled to be on Nov 8, 12pm CST.

                  -paul
                  HiDude_98

                  ---- Cheryl <cheryl_ann_1967@...> wrote:
                  > Okay, here is my newbie status showing. What is wwfm4?
                  >
                  > Cheryl/cadrake
                • A Allen (SEMIK)
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
                    Better yet, here is a link to the podcast (like an internet radio show that is previously recorded) that gave impetus to this crazy event:

                    This is coverage of WWFM III

                    Follow the link above by clicking on it, then click the "Listen to the Show" link.  This will download an .mp3 file.  As long as you have software on your computer (or mobile device if you are of that ilk ;)  it will begin playing once it is downloaded.  You can also right-click on the "Listen to the Show" link then select "Save Link As" and the .mp3 file will be saved in a folder/directory of your choice.  And if you are a subscriber to iTunes or a similar online sound file library you can subscribe to Podcacher (but someone else will be more versed at how to set that up than I, I am not an online library  subscriber).

                    Enjoy!

                    semik/Audra

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <palbers@...> wrote:

                    > A World Wide Flash Mobs (wwfm) event. IV is the next in line and I think it is
                    > scheduled to be on Nov 8, 12pm CST.
                    >
                    > -paul
                    > HiDude_98
                    >
                    > ---- Cheryl cheryl_ann_1967@... wrote:
                    > > Okay, here is my newbie status showing. What is wwfm4?
                    > >
                    > > Cheryl/cadrake

                  • Cheryl
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
                      Thanks for the info. I did subscrip to the PodCacher pod cast so
                      I'll go look for this one.

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "A Allen (SEMIK)"
                      <al_allen327@...> wrote:

                      > Better yet, here is a link to the podcast (like an internet radio
                      show
                      > that is previously recorded) that gave impetus to this crazy event:
                      >
                      > This is coverage of WWFM III <http://www.podcacher.com/?p=530>
                      >
                      > Follow the link above by clicking on it, then click the "Listen to
                      the
                      > Show" link. This will download an .mp3 file. As long as you have
                      > software on your computer (or mobile device if you are of that
                      ilk ;)
                      > it will begin playing once it is downloaded. You can also right-
                      click
                      > on the "Listen to the Show" link then select "Save Link As" and
                      the .mp3
                      > file will be saved in a folder/directory of your choice. And if
                      you are
                      > a subscriber to iTunes or a similar online sound file library you
                      can
                      > subscribe to Podcacher (but someone else will be more versed at how
                      > set that up than I, I am not an online library subscriber).
                      >
                      > Enjoy!
                      >
                      > semik/Audra
                      >

                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <palbers@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > A World Wide Flash Mobs (wwfm) event. IV is the next in line and I
                      > think it is
                      > > scheduled to be on Nov 8, 12pm CST.
                      > >
                      > > -paul
                      > > HiDude_98
                      > >
                      > > ---- Cheryl cheryl_ann_1967@ wrote:
                      > > > Okay, here is my newbie status showing. What is wwfm4?
                      > > >
                      > > > Cheryl/cadrake

                    • electric_water_boy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
                        Cheryl, Jana, Morfen (Boo! Hiss!), and I are the stars of this
                        week's Podcacher podcast. We'll gladly sign your iPod (for a small
                        fee).

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl"
                        <cheryl_ann_1967@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks for the info. I did subscrip to the PodCacher pod cast so
                        > I'll go look for this one.
                        >

                        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "A Allen (SEMIK)"
                        > <al_allen327@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Better yet, here is a link to the podcast (like an internet
                        radio
                        > show
                        > > that is previously recorded) that gave impetus to this crazy
                        event:

                        > > This is coverage of WWFM III <http://www.podcacher.com/?p=530>
                        > >
                        > > Follow the link above by clicking on it, then click the "Listen
                        > the
                        > > Show" link. This will download an .mp3 file. As long as you
                        have
                        > > software on your computer (or mobile device if you are of that
                        > ilk ;)
                        > > it will begin playing once it is downloaded. You can also right-
                        > click
                        > > on the "Listen to the Show" link then select "Save Link As" and
                        > the .mp3
                        > > file will be saved in a folder/directory of your choice. And if
                        > you are
                        > > a subscriber to iTunes or a similar online sound file library
                        you
                        > can
                        > > subscribe to Podcacher (but someone else will be more versed at
                        how
                        > > set that up than I, I am not an online library subscriber).
                        > >
                        > > Enjoy!
                        > >
                        > > semik/Audra
                        > >

                        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <palbers@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > A World Wide Flash Mobs (wwfm) event. IV is the next in line
                        and I
                        > > think it is
                        > > > scheduled to be on Nov 8, 12pm CST.
                        > > >
                        > > > -paul
                        > > > HiDude_98

                      • SoaringEagle
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 23, 2008
                          Amelia,

                          Thanks for organizing it.  Unfortunately, I may be in Dallas that day, so I don't think I can help much.

                          But it seems that you have already everything covered.  Suchmann was the organizer of the last event he can probably give you tips.  The podcacher forum page with tips is here: http://tinyurl.com/4wn4hw

                          I would recommend to keep it simple: Swag bucket, a photographer and a log person. The meal/raffle are optional if you don't have enough volunteers.  For the logs, it is good to have multiple people hand out logs at the same time and have a bucket to collect the signed logs.

                          Thanks for organizing.

                          Arnaud - SoaringEagle

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind" <candylind@...> wrote:

                          > Amelia,
                          > GO FOR IT!
                          >
                          > I'm happy to help, and we can get a list of all the "to do" items from
                          > Soaring Eagle (Arnaud was in on the last one). Do you have an idea for a
                          > location?
                          >
                          > Candy
                          > moosiegirl

                        • daisybones11
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 24, 2008
                            wow!!! thanks for the response everyone! i guess you guys saw that it
                            is now published- GC1HF5K. i can't wait until nov 8!!
                          • Doc
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 2, 2008
                              My daughter wants to do B2T today.  Anyone else want to join us?   We might even do Airman's cave also!
                              Call me on my cell 512-718-5092

                              Barry (aka Doc Geo)