RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: word game.....more help!

  • G.O. Mental
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
      tried that one.....didnt accept it
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Henry Rohlfs [mailto:henry@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 4:35 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: word game.....more help!

      veals

      >>> g.o.mental@... 11/5/2003 3:47:12 PM >>>
      yes im still playing....no i havent cleaned anymore ;)

      L E A V E S

      ive got everything except 1 5-letter word.
      these are the other 5-letter words i have.

      SALVE
      LEASE
      LEAVE
      SLAVE
      EASEL
      VALES
      EAVES
      ELVES

      btw.....if this use of the list is inappropriate let me know and i will
      stop

    • G.O. Mental
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
        it turned out to be 'laves'.  im going to have to look that one up
        If someone doesn't want to read them, they can delete it when they see the "OT".

        If there is supposed to be another one, I'm certainly not finding it! I have to go mail Wayne's GPS now. :-)

        Candy Lind    candylind@...
        I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
        Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 3:47 PM

        yes im still playing....no i havent cleaned anymore ;)

        L E A V E S

        ive got everything except 1 5-letter word.
        these are the other 5-letter words i have.

        SALVE
        LEASE
        LEAVE
        SLAVE
        EASEL
        VALES
        EAVES
        ELVES

        btw.....if this use of the list is inappropriate let me know and i will stop

      • George D. Nincehelser
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
          This is really obscure, but how about "selve"...ye olde English form of self...as in "themselves".

          There are few more possibilities if you include other languages.  "selva" from Spanish would be one.

          George

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 5, 2003
            See my other message.  It's another old English term that means to wash (as in lavatory).

            Seems almost unfair they're stretching things that far.

            George