new member

  • johnbarleycorn63
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
      I know that new members are encouraged to introduce themselves. My
      name is John and I am a new geocacher using johnbarleycorn on
      geocaching.com.
      I have land in rural Gillespie and Llano counties near Fredericksburg.

      John-johnbarleycorn
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008

        Hi!

        Welcome to geocaching in general and Centex Geocaching in particular!

        So, why Johnbarleycorn?  Home brewer?  Brewmaster for a micro or craft brewery?  I'm afraid the main association I have with the name is a rather tongue in cheek song about the horrible things people do to "John Barleycorn" to get him ready to brew and bake with . . . <G>

        Best in caching,

        Russ the waterweasel

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 13, 2008
          On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:18:41 -0000 "johnbarleycorn63"
          <jbarleycorn@...> writes:

          > I know that new members are encouraged to introduce themselves. My
          >
          > name is John and I am a new geocacher using johnbarleycorn on
          > geocaching.com.
          > I have land in rural Gillespie and Llano counties near
          > Fredericksburg.
          >
          > John-johnbarleycorn

          welcome!
          Love your handle!

          BarbJ/Tygress (Round Rock)

          Compete with the big boys. Click here to find products to benefit your business.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3m7tEBcq1WA8t6LIrjgZKNdsNPxWNnL0wbGbLC4pxDdCLz8O/
        • Julie Perrine

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2 6:29 PM
              Hi, my name is Dirk. I am relatively new to geocaching. I was told of this group by another cacher. I go by the handle "djdiggla". I was directed to the group because of a question I had regarding placement of a cache, but have since had that question answered--I still wanted to sign up anyways. I grew up in Austin, moved over seas shortly after highschool and now live again in Austin with my wife and kids. Hope to make it to an event sometime--I have not been to one yet. More about me... I also have found that I enjoy placing caches more than finding them, but I like finding them too :) I wish I could cache more, but pretty busy, so I do it when I get the chance.
            • shawnolsen@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2 7:07 PM
                Howdy!
                I think that if you put your cache outside the gate it will be fine.
                FWIW I loved reading about how that preserve once was!
                cHEERS,
                Shawn/S6sputnik

                In a message dated 7/2/2010 8:45:42 P.M. Central Daylight Time, dirkvanderploeg@... writes:

                Hi, my name is Dirk. I am relatively new to geocaching. I was told of this group by another cacher. I go by the handle "djdiggla". I was directed to the group because of a question I had regarding placement of a cache, but have since had that question answered--I still wanted to sign up anyways. I grew up in Austin, moved over seas shortly after highschool and now live again in Austin with my wife and kids. Hope to make it to an event sometime--I have not been to one yet. More about me... I also have found that I enjoy placing caches more than finding them, but I like finding them too :) I wish I could cache more, but pretty busy, so I do it when I get the chance.

              • Carlin
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3 7:47 AM
                  I second S6sputnik.  I also liked the story of your old haunt.  Made me think of my caches that I have placed outside the Balcones Preserve that we are barred out of.
                  A parking lot re-location should be fine.  There are some awesome caches placed by people who would rather hide than find.  No problem with that!  Hide away!

                  Carlin/1Carlin

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4 9:17 AM
                    Hi!  Welcome to geocaching!  Best advice I can give you is to come to a local event.  Kind of a geocaching party, for old timers and brand new cachers and us in-betweens . . . <G>

                    Russ the waterweasel