Looking for a few 1 & 1.5 terrain, kid-friendly caches

  • Heather Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
      Hi all!

      One of the first things a couple of my Brownies told me when I asked what they wanted to do this year was "let's find more geocaches!" (I DO so love my Brownies!).  Great!  We'll do it!  But there's a catch.  You see, I'm currently about 9 weeks pregnant, and with twins to boot!  So, I'm looking for some caches in the Round Rock/Pflugerville area that not only are kid-friendly, but also have nice, low terrain ratings so I don't have to manage any big hills or other climbing.

      Besides "It's a Bug's Life" and MAYBE "End of the Path", any good suggestions for someplace I can drag six 3rd graders and a couple of kindergartners?

      Heather/Ronin's Gal
    • Julie Perrine
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
        Hi Heather,

        Since I think you live in Hutto, I'm going to suggest things on the north side.

        Most everything in Old Settler's Park is easy terrain (and you can send the girls in at GZ if necessary!). There's also a nice walking trail in Pflugerville with caches dedicated to our favorite gimp, Semper Questio.   SQ's something or other.  Why not take them on a field trip to the Capitol where they can hunt virtuals AND visit the capitol?  The Brushy Creek greenbelt trail has quite a few nice caches on easy terrain.  Sort on the words "Pecan Trail" and you'll find several caches on a nice trail off 79 and Redbud.

        Of course, the easiest way to find things is to do a pocket query where the terrain is equal to 1.

        Congratulations on the twins!  Honestly, you might want to do some 4.5 terrains just to get warmed up for having two babies!  I'm sure being pregnant with twins is the EASY part.  LOL!!!

        Cheers,
        Julie

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008

          Hi!

          Congratulations!

          In regards to caching, the Brushy Creek area is full of possibilities.  Try All Quacked Up or Hairy Man.  Lot's of little trails and parks, most reasonably easy terrains (enough to wear down your Brownies while not killing the (den?) Mother . . .

          Russ the waterweasel

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008

            I don't know if I'd send a hoard of 3rd graders after Hairy, Man.....
            Wait for winter, when the stray bits of PI are gone.

            Caching with the Boys series, except for the last one, is a fairly easy run.
            Most along an easy set of trails.

            On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 21:31:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00) Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> writes:

[...]

            Click to find information on your credit score and your credit report.