Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] TPWD Expo - Results

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      Well done!
      Applause to all!

      On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 19:29:28 -0700 (PDT) Doc <bcwatson@...> writes:
      The Expo this weekend was great!  Very crowded, very windy (the wind kicked up a lot of dust and drove my allergies nuts), very warm and lots of prospective new geocachers stopped by!   Last year, I handed out approximately 72 pamphlets over one weekend.  This year, 102 were handed out on Saturday and 119 today for a total of 221!  More than 3 times as many!
      I especially want to thank those who came and helped out today.  (You know who you are)
      I know Julie was networking and forging connections with the TPWD folks...

      It was sure helpful to have the 10 extra Garmin GPSMap 76 units on loan from TPWD (thanks Julie).   Especially when I got hit on Saturday with a group of Boy Scouts and a group of Girl Scouts at the same time!

      Lots of (relatively new) geocachers stopped by to chat while visiting the Expo, some from out of the area...

      Hopefully we'll have a 100 new geocachers soon...  finding our geocaches and even hiding more geocaches!  :-)

      Barry