Re: Fw: [AMA_Geocache] Garmin on the Fritzzz

  • Dick Young
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
      I've had two Etrex units that have experienced the same problem. Wait
      for Garmin to reply usually with a RMA. Repair will cost 100 for a
      reconditioned unit. Garmin service is the best.
      Cache on,
      Blizzard

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, <engelwaffen@...> wrote:

      > Going to see if a larger group can chime in on your situation. Okay
      Austin and San Antonio have you seen this before, if so what can be
      done to fix it.

      > don/amishangel

    • Kevin (KoosKoos)
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
        You can check this thread for a lot of reports of the same issue and
        some various fixes.
        http://tinyurl.com/4vrz63

        Not sure if any of this might help you or if you'll need to go the
        Garmin repair route.

        Kevin
        KoosKoos

        On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:25 AM, <engelwaffen@...> wrote:
        > Going to see if a larger group can chime in on your situation. Okay Austin
        > and San Antonio have you seen this before, if so what can be done to fix it.
        >
        > don/amishangel

      • The Man, and I'm watching you!
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
          I had this problem with mine a couple of weeks ago.  I attributed it to the multiple trips around the world (rough handling) and the three plus years it's been with me for caching, camping, and car driving.  I tried the batteries at first and that didn't work.  So, I gave up and upgraded to a Vista.
            However, after letting it sit around for several days and after my vista came in the mail, I turned it on to test it against the vista, and it worked fine.

             The whole thing kinda irked me, because it acted up real bad during my lunch break and I had a 5 cache run planned.  But because it kept dying after 30 seconds, I was only able to grab two that day.

          --Will "mongoosehide"

          I have better things to do tonight than die!

          --Springer