Re: SoaringEagle mentioned on Podcacher!!

  • SoaringEagle
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
      Right now I have a first generation iPhone so I don't have a GPS built
      in. So I still use my GPSr on the side except on urban setting where
      I have found that using the satellite picture is more precise than a
      GPSr bouncing everywhere. So for instance, my last 2 trips to NY, I
      found 8 caches just using the iPhone.

      iGeocacher has a compass for the new generation iPhone. Some people
      have reported having a lot of success with it. Here is a detailed web
      page explaining how it works: http://www.ayefon.com/geo/hsi.cfm

      All reports I have heard of people using the iPhone GPS for caching
      even in the woods is that it is quite accurate...

      The issue is fragility of the iPhone. But I am looking at a rugged
      protection box like otterbox for caching in non urban settings.

      Arnaud - SoaringEagle

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"