Re: SoaringEagle mentioned on Podcacher!!

  • SoaringEagle
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
      Audra,

      Thanks for noticing. It was me indeed.

      I have been using the iGeocacher app for paperless caching with great
      success. Anybody that has an iPhone and has questions, fill free to
      contact me.

      Arnaud - SoaringEagle.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Audra Allen
      <al_allen327@...> wrote:

      > I'm assuming its our very own SoaringEagle...
      >
      > He wrote in and provided a review of the iGeocacher application for
      > the iPhone.
      > He also suggested a waterproof case and puzzle solving software: iGCT.
      >  You iPhone owners need to hook up with Arnaud!
      >
      > Listen to show 185: Dying to Cache
      > http://media.libsyn.com/media/podcacher
      >
      > Audra Visit my blog

    • Nick Silkey
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
        Do you use it in tandem with a handheld Garmin just for paperless
        caching purposes? Or do you use the GPS-dingus in the iPhone to
        needle you to caches?

        --
        Nick
        filler & bcat

        On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM, SoaringEagle <arnaud@...> wrote:
        > Audra,
        >
        > Thanks for noticing. It was me indeed.
        >
        > I have been using the iGeocacher app for paperless caching with great
        > success. Anybody that has an iPhone and has questions, fill free to
        > contact me.
        >
        > Arnaud - SoaringEagle.
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Audra Allen
        >
        > <al_allen327@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> I'm assuming its our very own SoaringEagle...
        >>
        >> He wrote in and provided a review of the iGeocacher application for
        >> the iPhone.
        >> He also suggested a waterproof case and puzzle solving software: iGCT.
        >> You iPhone owners need to hook up with Arnaud!
        >>
        >> Listen to show 185: Dying to Cache
        >> http://media.libsyn.com/media/podcacher
        >>
        >> Audra Visit my blog

      • SoaringEagle
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
          Right now I have a first generation iPhone so I don't have a GPS built
          in. So I still use my GPSr on the side except on urban setting where
          I have found that using the satellite picture is more precise than a
          GPSr bouncing everywhere. So for instance, my last 2 trips to NY, I
          found 8 caches just using the iPhone.

          iGeocacher has a compass for the new generation iPhone. Some people
          have reported having a lot of success with it. Here is a detailed web
          page explaining how it works: http://www.ayefon.com/geo/hsi.cfm

          All reports I have heard of people using the iPhone GPS for caching
          even in the woods is that it is quite accurate...

          The issue is fragility of the iPhone. But I am looking at a rugged
          protection box like otterbox for caching in non urban settings.

          Arnaud - SoaringEagle

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"