SoaringEagle mentioned on Podcacher!!

  • Audra Allen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
      I'm assuming its our very own SoaringEagle...

      He wrote in and provided a review of the iGeocacher application for
      the iPhone.
      He also suggested a waterproof case and puzzle solving software: iGCT.
       You iPhone owners need to hook up with Arnaud!

      Listen to show 185: Dying to Cache
      http://media.libsyn.com/media/podcacher

      Audra

    • A Allen (SEMIK)
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2008
        Let's try that hyperlink again!

        Show 185.0: Dying to Cache
      • SoaringEagle
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2008
          Audra,

          Thanks for noticing. It was me indeed.

          I have been using the iGeocacher app for paperless caching with great
          success. Anybody that has an iPhone and has questions, fill free to
          contact me.

          Arnaud - SoaringEagle.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Audra Allen
          <al_allen327@...> wrote:

          > I'm assuming its our very own SoaringEagle...
          >
          > He wrote in and provided a review of the iGeocacher application for
          > the iPhone.
          > He also suggested a waterproof case and puzzle solving software: iGCT.
          >  You iPhone owners need to hook up with Arnaud!
          >
          > Listen to show 185: Dying to Cache
          > http://media.libsyn.com/media/podcacher
          >
          > Audra Visit my blog

        • Nick Silkey
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
            Do you use it in tandem with a handheld Garmin just for paperless
            caching purposes? Or do you use the GPS-dingus in the iPhone to
            needle you to caches?

            --
            Nick
            filler & bcat

            On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM, SoaringEagle <arnaud@...> wrote:
            > Audra,
            >
            > Thanks for noticing. It was me indeed.
            >
            > I have been using the iGeocacher app for paperless caching with great
            > success. Anybody that has an iPhone and has questions, fill free to
            > contact me.
            >
            > Arnaud - SoaringEagle.
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Audra Allen
            >
            > <al_allen327@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I'm assuming its our very own SoaringEagle...
            >>
            >> He wrote in and provided a review of the iGeocacher application for
            >> the iPhone.
            >> He also suggested a waterproof case and puzzle solving software: iGCT.
            >> You iPhone owners need to hook up with Arnaud!
            >>
            >> Listen to show 185: Dying to Cache
            >> http://media.libsyn.com/media/podcacher
            >>
            >> Audra Visit my blog

          • SoaringEagle
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 2, 2008
              Right now I have a first generation iPhone so I don't have a GPS built
              in. So I still use my GPSr on the side except on urban setting where
              I have found that using the satellite picture is more precise than a
              GPSr bouncing everywhere. So for instance, my last 2 trips to NY, I
              found 8 caches just using the iPhone.

              iGeocacher has a compass for the new generation iPhone. Some people
              have reported having a lot of success with it. Here is a detailed web
              page explaining how it works: http://www.ayefon.com/geo/hsi.cfm

              All reports I have heard of people using the iPhone GPS for caching
              even in the woods is that it is quite accurate...

              The issue is fragility of the iPhone. But I am looking at a rugged
              protection box like otterbox for caching in non urban settings.

              Arnaud - SoaringEagle

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Silkey"