VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!! PLEASE READ!!

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2008
      I am VERY LATE reporting the re-incorporation of Texas Geocaching Association (TXGA) but here it is ... it's official!

      Texas Geocaching Association has re-incorporated and announced a process for nomination and election of officers. HERE is the announcement  as it was copied to the Centex Forum on the TXGA website.

      What does this all mean? Well, it means we are finally getting our act together and working to make geocaching really MEAN something in Texas. With this organizational change, TXGA will be able to become a legal non-profit organization and be able to hold fund-raising activities for use in association events and projects. Yes, it will mean some work, and it will DEMAND more participation in the process, but it can't help but benefit us as geocachers.

      ASK QUESTIONS. And SAY SO if you would like to represent Central Texas. We need you! Since Central Texas will be hosting the Texas Challenge this coming March, we can assure that the needs of the Challenge will be addressed by having someone on the first board.

      Please head over and read the posting by Zeke's Uncle, pull up the by-laws and read them, and think about who you would like to see as a TXGA officer. Our hope is that each major region will have a representative. That will play a large part in keeping us all informed and involved.

      Please forward this post to any and all cachers you know in other areas of Texas who might not frequent any active group or forum.

      Happy Trails,
      Candy