Texas Challenge 09 Meeting #1 notes

  • Kevin (KoosKoos)
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2008
      I'm posting the full notes to the Texas Challenge planning Yahoo
      group, so if you want to see more, you'll need to join that list:

      (some of the notes I didn't want to release to people outside our area
      that are on the group)

      Most of the remaining planning activity will happen on the TC yahoo
      group, so I won't take up too much space on these boards.

      Below is our current list of committees and where I knew people had
      signed up to help. If anyone can think of something I've missed, say
      so. If you're interested in helping out with a committee organization
      or just helping with tasks, let me know that too!!

      I'm working on an event in San Antonio soon, but in the mean time, any
      of the SA cachers who would like to help plan or learn more, drop me a
      note!

      Kevin
      KoosKoos

      Committees
      One thing that seems to be pervasive in our group is that lots of
      people are willing to help out and do whatever tasks are needed, but
      no one wants to be labeled a committee chair. ;)

      I'm ok with working that way, so I've listed committees/areas below
      (along with stated interests where I remembered). If you'd like to
      head a committee, great...if you just want to take on some of the
      tasks of the committee, that's good too. Just tell me where you'd
      like to help out and I'll help organize the workload.

      A) Format - Chair: Mrs. Captain Picard/Julie
      Members:
      Competitive portion -
      grn beret 2b/Nathanial
      The Outlaw/Wayne

      Casual portion -
      acclanman/Melanie
      droid81/Andrew
      Gadget Girl/Tanya

      Tasks:
      design the game format
      place the caches/items for the games
      anything that Julie has planned

      B) Fredericksburg logistics - Chair: Huggy Bear Fbg/Luther
      Tasks:
      helping find local business donations
      promoting the event in newspapers/chamber of commerce
      anything where we need someone IN Fredericksburg

      C) Registration -
      Members:
      droid81/Andrew
      Ronin's Gal/Heather

      Tasks:
      tracking incoming web registrations (answering questions, providing
      status updates, etc)
      finding materials for printing participant badges
      assembling registration packets
      on-site registration Friday evening and Saturday morning (possibly longer)
      manage camp site assignments

      D) Sponsorship -
      Members:
      Moosiegirl/Candy

      Tasks:
      find corporate donors for prizes/cash
      solicit prize donations from various businesses

      E) Catering -
      Members:

      Tasks:
      gather bids from caterers for the Saturday evening meal
      manage selected caterer for the event

      F) Premiums -
      Members:
      Tygress/Barb
      cpnowak/Penny

      Tasks:
      present logo design options
      gather bids for various items to sell (t-shirts, coins, caps, pins, etc.)
      manage vendors and delivery of items
      oversee fulfillment packaging (with registration as needed)

      G) Entertainment -
      Members:

      Tasks:
      help plan ideas for "side venues" such as Luckenbach, Rockbox, etc
      plan fun games to be run in the campground on Saturday
      explore additional ideas for Friday evening/Sunday morning

      H) Creative cache container contest -
      Members:

      Tasks:
      determine rules for the contest
      find judges
      promote the contest before the event

      I) Awards
      Members:
      Tygress/Barb

      Tasks:
      determine if awards will be special premiums or other items
      design/order awards for the various contests

      J) Technoglogy -
      Members:

      Tasks:
      set up informational web site with registration/shopping cart
      manage waypoint downloading on Saturday (PCs, cables, etc)

      K) Finance - Chair: JnJWalla/John