Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Missing and Abandoned Caches

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2008
      Yes, please contact the owner first. I had someone post a "needs archiving" lg (not a very nice log note either) to an event less than one week after it happened. All the attendees hadn't even had a chance to log it (I know - they can log it after it's archived, but there were newbies there who may not have known that and it's harder to find on GC when it's archived). On the other hand, for another event, I simply forgot to archive it & several weeks later, I got a nice email from one of our CenTex cachers who politely asked me to archive it, which I then did happily. Use a "needs archiving" only after you have made a reasonable effort to contact the owner and are really sure it's gone. As she said, GiGi's Peru cache is a perfect example - a lot of DNF's in a row doesn't mean it's not there.

      My $0.02.
      Mary Beth
      (emmy)