Re: [SPAM]Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] 2 Days to go for the 2007 Geocaching Awards

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
      I've cached when it was 4 degrees above zero. Got about 10 caches that day. I don't mind the cold (that's what down parkas and subzero boots are for), but I don't like it when cachers forget to use the snow attribute (as in "You don't have a snowball's chance in hell of finding this cache if there is more than 1 inch of snow on the ground"). We once spent an hour looking for a cache that turned out to be a micro inside a railroad spike in the ground buried under 3 feet of snow. That was a 3-season cache for sure, but the owner negelected to say it was inaccessible in the snow. That wasn't a fun day.
      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
        Hear ya....
        Well. I start feeling COLD in the teens.
        Doesn't mean I won't cache then -- after all, I still have my cozy Sorels(tm) -- but I'd treat it like caching when it's over 100F.
        I know. Wimp.

        On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:33:19 -0700 (PDT) Mary Beth Booth <emmy_n_sapphie@...> writes:
[...]

        .

        Click to become a master chef, own a restaurant and make millions.